[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4744: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4746: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4748: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
NTHUSIM • View topic - My plannend setup for racing

My plannend setup for racing

Document the build progress for your screen or computer setup.

Postby Ben » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:00 am

I have a wide span of vertical projector mounting. (the room is ca 10 feet high)
Thats why I think projection high is not that problem.

I thought a while about screen degrees:

- 140 degrees
- 2x BenQ W1080ST
- 13 feet screen witdh (as bevor)

skizze_140_1.PNG
Sketch 140 degrees, 2x BenQ 1080ST
skizze_140_1.PNG (28.57 KiB) Viewed 22126 times

you would recommend that setup?

Screen material:
canvas or painted wood plates, what is better?
I to tend to do canvas, because changing the setup would be not that problem.
thanks!
Ben

Postby BHawthorne » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:04 am

The design looks good to me. It looks like a good optimized use of the projection area and ok mounting locations.

As far as screen material, it really depends upon what your end use will be. Is it going to be a build that is in a fixed location that will never move or will it be a build where you might want to be able to setup and take down as needed? A fixed location build is often the most cost effective and works the best, but it's stuck where it's built. There are a few different builds in http://www.nthusim.com/setups that might give you a few ideas. It really depends upon your end use.
BHawthorne

Postby Ben » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:25 pm

Ok.
I will buy canvas and curved stands / build curved stands.
Perhaps I will play with the degrees (120°...150°) and see, whats best.
Ben

Postby BHawthorne » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:25 am

My first prototype screen was two big painter's raw canvas tarps sown together at the center point. I picked them up for like $15 each at Home Depot. No sense in getting too expensive when you're experimenting. I ended up using that screen for about a year and a half because it just worked. that was back in 2009-2010.

That is really just my experimental throw away raw canvas tarp screen shown in that old setup:
http://www.nthusim.com/setup/bhawthorne ... projection
BHawthorne

Postby Ben » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:51 pm

Hi Brad,

off course I read your 2013 screen build :D
I will use a only plywood stand with milled curves.

You recommend Zotac adapters:
I tried it with GTX 660ti with a Zotac avtiv Displayport to Dual Hdmi adapter, and its not running at 1080p. Only in 600x1600 safety mode. The german Zotac support answered that there products do not support Nvidea cards after a certain driver version.

Not that problem for me, the PC was not mine and I send the adapter back to amazon.
Looking forward to get my HD7870.

I bought 2x BenQ W1080 ST. Looked good from what I can say.
Ben

Postby BHawthorne » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:26 am

Very odd that Nvidia doesn't support them. It's sending standard EDID info to the card. Sounds to me like Nvidia is snubbing Zotac for fixing something Nvidia was unwilling to address.
BHawthorne

Postby Ben » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:02 am

Hi,
my screen is ready, looks ok.

My PC with Nthusim installed is chrashed.
How I can use my licence on my notebook now? (for one projector setup)?
Ben

Postby BHawthorne » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:06 pm

BHawthorne

Postby Ben » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:42 pm

Computer not turned on one day.
I send it back to the seller, and the main question is what is with my licence if the pc came with new installed windows?,

In best case I can use the licence during repair with my notebook and one projector.

Further more I atteched a picture of my screen.

IMG_20140116_140657.jpg
IMG_20140116_140657.jpg (87.35 KiB) Viewed 22013 times
Ben

Postby BHawthorne » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:02 am

Sure thing, just needed clarification. Typically, on a hardware change just ask for a license reset and I typically get it done within 6-8 hours of the request. I just checked. You should be all set to activate on the laptop.

-Brad
BHawthorne

PreviousNext

Return to Project Build Logs