2013 Gaming Screen Build

Document the build progress for your screen or computer setup.

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:36 pm

Haven't seen any updates on the screen in a while, how has it been coming along? I followed you over from the SC forums and I'm really impressed with your current (as of June) layout.

Postby BHawthorne » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:04 pm

No real build updates other than it's been in a functioning state for about 6 months now. Only major change is I flashed the 7970 with R9 280X bios and added a second R9 280X. Overall, the screen is in good working order, just one of those things that when you have it, you take it for granted a bit after awhile. I promise to post more information and videos this month, as I know I want to do an updated how-to configuration video and a few videos showing off some of the most current games out there. My YouTube channel has a bunch of old stuff on it at the moment. I really should add in some new content so people can see it with games that have been released over the last 6 months.

I have Prepar3d 2.0, ArmA III, BF4, DCS World, and several new racing games I want to show on the screen along with the SC hangar module. I need to get myself motivated and just video them in use. I don't like being on camera, but it's only a minor nitpick for me. I think it's important to let people see the progress on the screen and how it's working. :)

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:56 am

OK I am having a Very difficult time with keeping my Projectors Aligned near the edges.. Now on my old projector it would drift a bit but I would just tap them back in place all so gently. but these Projectors are going out of wach from within and not just from moving..

I can eventually get it but everytime I start a new Game or reboot the Projectors resync them selves and usually throws the center projector off by about 1.5" towards the bottom.. I have to go into the menu and click through the menu to get to keystone then go past it and then it realigns itself??

I have tried numerous combinations to keep it from doing this and to resync to its Position I pick in the initial setup.. Now I know nThusim will fix this but for the time being what can I do to get this corrected ..

I don't mind adjusting it but every time a start a new game and the way I have to do it is getting tiresome?? is this just the nature of Projectors as I never had this much trouble with my Sharps??
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:34 am

Seems odd to me. They should be static with their views. What confuses me is that they change at all. Are you using different resolutions in-game and on desktop?
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:37 am

OH Man I'm Sorry Brad I put my Post in Youy thread. HeHe, I was wondering where it went..
Yes total rez is 3072x768 for desktop and so is for ALL my Games.. yes it is like hitting the resync button but ONLY the Center Screen gets unaligned.. I have to hold the Remote real close to the Center Proj. and run through the menu to "keystone" setting and once I enter that is straightens up.. but if I am not carefull I enable the other proj. menus and it usually brings up the keystone for some reason and it just messes with BOTH keystones..

I do NOT need to adjust the Keystone just goto that part in the menu. it is weird??
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:49 pm

Is there any way you could make a youtube video of what it's doing? I can better visualize what you mean that way. It's hard to diagnose the issue without actually seeing what it's doing.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:40 pm

Yes I was just going to take some picture will need some time.. I will repost in my Virtual Build not to clog up yours.. ;)
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:43 am

Not posted anything recently on my personal screen so here is me playing with Star Citizen today.

BHawthorne

Postby Ben » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:58 pm

Hello Brad,
I visited Immersaview website and see this screen:

http://www.immersaview.com/showcase/360 ... ic-theater

It is PVC plates mounted on bended steel tubes? Is it right?
Looks good an pretty easy.
Did you know how the plates are joined seamless together?

If you compare "home depot screens" with the professionel once: how big is the difference regarding screen quality?
Ben

Postby BHawthorne » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:29 am

Not sure, I'll ask Andy. Can't guarantee an answer though as some of the industrial/commercial side is proprietary IP. I'm curious too though on the material.

The comparisons on screens are all relative. One-off screens whether professional or home brew are all custom fabricated. Most of it is just getting the materials right.
BHawthorne

PreviousNext

Return to Project Build Logs