[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4744: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4746: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4748: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
NTHUSIM • View topic - Issues with z270 Chipset??

Issues with z270 Chipset??

How to optimize games for NTHUSIM products.

Postby The_Nephilim » Thu May 04, 2017 10:52 am

The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Fri May 05, 2017 7:48 am

OK I just did a bootup and the PC was off overnight. When I ran nThusim I got the grey screen and then had to hard reset. it seems it will kepp doing that only way to fix it is to uninstall/reinstall nThusim..

I am not sure what is going on but this is a fresh install of Windows 10 with a newer disk that I just bought to get the key??
The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Sat May 06, 2017 5:29 am

I am going to try and use my Raptor drive and see if maybe it was the SSD. I am really beginning to not like SSD Drives..
The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Sat May 06, 2017 5:13 pm

Hey All,

I think I found the main cause of most of my trouble with my PC, it was the Samsung SSD 850Evo.. Now since I put on my Raptor HDD I am not having any issues with nThusim and the greyed out screen forcimg me to do a hardreset..

I am wondering if it is just a SSD issue or the Samsung issue?? this is really a curious issue I must find out what was going on with the SSD..
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Fri May 12, 2017 7:33 am

Very odd. Donno how a storage device would effect something in the rendering pipelines. I actually doubt it's the Samsung SSD at issue.

Is it the Creative Edition Windows 10 update you have installed?
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Sat May 13, 2017 9:41 am

Well not susre what was cauing that issue but with the velociraptor drive in I am experiencing less wierdness..

I think of the modding I do and the fact that sometime is causes me to do a hardreboot and the SSD was sensative to that..

Since Installing the HDD I am experiencing less anamolies.. I had the grey screen one time with the HDD so it might just be the forced reboots causing issues and I read from the manufactrer SSD's dont like forced reboots..

I think the z270 chipset has issues.. I did not update Windows 10 I had disabled Updates permanetely.. I am running Vanilla Win 10..
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Sat May 13, 2017 2:57 pm

Ah, ok. Got word Ed is working on a Windows 10 Creative Edition version update. Personally, I'm waiting for that, because one of my machines inadvertently has Windows 10 Creative update installed now. Thanks Microsoft. :P
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Mon May 15, 2017 1:23 pm

Well I was looking through my Windows Logs and notced some wierdness there and it said I needed to update my Firmware.. So I updated the BIOS on my motherboard and we shall see if that caused a bunch of other symptoms..
The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Thu May 18, 2017 8:04 am

I just booted up and upon starting nThusim I got the Grey screen and my only option was to hit the shut off button.. I am unsure what is going on but I still don't think nThusim likes this chipset the z270..
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Thu May 18, 2017 6:27 pm

Maybe something to do with the Intel GPU in the hardware architecture? Look for a way to disable the Intel GPU via the bios or in the device manager. We haven't been testing against Intel GPU use, so that might be an unforeseen issue with the hardware.

Also, Nvidia Geforce Experience directly conflicts, so you might have to manually uninstall that utility after Nvidia driver installation.
BHawthorne

Next

Return to Game Settings