[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
NTHUSIM • View topic - P3D V2.2

P3D V2.2

How to optimize games for NTHUSIM products.

Postby BHawthorne » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:04 pm

Nthusim 3.5 fixes the menu issue. It doesn't yet fix the preference options issue. I've let Andy know about the problems and he's forwarded it on to Ed the software engineer. 3.5 resolved half the problems. The other half are being looked into.
BHawthorne

Postby huge971 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:18 am

Good Morning,

Is there any upgrade about the 3.5 version ? As Froulleau said the bug fixes are unfortunatelly coming too slow... :roll: .
I still could not use P3D in any version 2.2 or 2.3 with Nthusim, and I'm still boliged to run FSX if I want everything run correctly.

But as Andrew said it has nothing to do with the Triple Head, I've tried it without using the Matrox software and the result is absolutelly the same, when you try to use the menu of P3D it suddenly crah and return to desktop.

Hope this bug will be fixed very soon, if not I will be obliged to find another program.

Brice
huge971

Postby BHawthorne » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:07 pm

There has to be a common aberration in both setups that is causing the P3D dropdown menu bar CTD. I am unable to reproduce a CTD by using the dropdown menu bar system using a GTX770 and 340.52 drivers in Windows 7 Pro 64 SP1. Enabling DWM in 3.5 should fix the abnormal dropdown menu bar render bug. In my error testing, the dropdown menu bar text does not CTD.

I am able to reproduce the CTD when changing anything in P3D options. I currently have no solution for this issue other than to modify P3D options with Nthusim not enabled. It will have to be directly addressed in the next patch.

Ed, our new software engineer for Nthusim Plus has been tasked to track the issues down and also complete implementation of Windows 8.1 over the next two weeks. I've been open about the death of our previous senior software engineer and how it interrupted development. We are doing what we can to get back up to capacity again. I apologize if it's not fast enough.

Management can be contacted directly via andy.boud @ immersaview.com. They have direct control over manpower and programming capacity. I encourage you to contact Andy and explain that the last time Nthusim Plus was patched was December 22 and impress upon him that you are looking to alternatives if a solution isn't found in short order.

As I'm also a P3D 2.3 user myself, the option CTD and menu rendering bugs are both effecting my personal setup too.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby BlueBlood » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:28 pm

no news? P3D already upgrade to v2.4......
and the problem still......
P3D V2.4 with R9 290X/8GB DDR3 1600/256GB SSD/Z87 MB
BlueBlood

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:35 pm

I now have builds for both Standard and Plus version 4.0.125. I'm testing them over the next few days. Once I'm ok with the results, they'll be released into the wild.
BHawthorne

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:22 pm

I did some specific testing against Nthusim Standard 4.0.128 and Immersive Display Pro 1.7.2.0. Both have the menubar render bug issue unless desktop pre-warp is enabled. In the case of Nthusim 4.0.128 and IDP 1.7.2.0 if desktop pre-warp is enabled you're ok. To enable that on Nthusim 4.0.128, you go into the tools menu and enable the DWM checkbox.

For the Options CTD, it has something also to do with desktop pre-warp. On Nthusim 4.0.128 if DWM is enabled there isn't an issue. If it's disabled P3D 3.4 behaves erratically after Options are changed.

This issue shows up on competing utilities so the answer isn't to use something else. Lockheed Martin is doing something non-standard with the DX11 pipeline and their menu systems.
BHawthorne

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:07 pm

To give context here are a few short raw clips.

Immersive Display Pro P3D menus bugged without Desktop enabled

Nthusim 4.0.217 P3D menus functional with DWM enabled

Nthusim 4.0.217 P3D Option menu changes with DWM enabled
BHawthorne

Postby BHawthorne » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:33 am

At the moment installing Win 8.1 on my Nvidia machine. Once that is done I'll test Nthusm 4.0 on Nvidia and WIn 8.1. Picked up some issues in Win 7 that I'm forwarding to Brisbane, nothing catastrophic though.
BHawthorne

Postby BlueBlood » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:49 pm

how about the reset flight function (ctrl : ) cause P3D CTD issue? Is it corrected now at new version 4?
P3D V2.4 with R9 290X/8GB DDR3 1600/256GB SSD/Z87 MB
BlueBlood

Postby BHawthorne » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:34 pm

Here is a quick video of P3D 2.4 loading, reset via ctrl-; then closed via ctrl-c back to desktop.

I believe the P3D issues have been fixed, but we're still working through a few other issues before we're ready for release. The target goals for 4.0 are desktop pre-warp for both Win 7 and 8.1 and ensure 4 high visibility titles 100% functional -- FSX, P3D, X-Plane and Assetto Corsa. Those are the four titles that we've had reports on in the last year and we want to make 100% sure everything is working on them.
BHawthorne

PreviousNext

Return to Game Settings