2 PC & 2 Projectors

Your projector questions can be answered here.

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:19 am

Hi!
I'm looking for a solution to blend two projectors, each of them connected to a single PC networked with the other. The software I use is xplane, that allow me to configure one left view and one right view at my choice. The problem is how can I made the overlap between the two projected images...
What could be the setup and the correct procedure to do this? Is possible with 2 networked computers?
The cards are nvidia Titan black, and I cannot consider a single PC setup due to performance limitations with enlarged FOV (circa 220deg) and for the fact I cannot use only two output to setup a single view.
Thanks for your support!

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:09 am

I wouldn't go over 90 degrees FOV on a single projector. It looks like you're trying to blend two together at 110 degrees FOV each? That's spreads the pixel size over a very large FOV and also has to contend with possible focus range issues. But strictly speaking, networking two slave computers to do outside visuals can be done with two individual installs of Nthusim Standard. Just set the first computer to blend the right side and the second computer to blend the left side and then manually set the cameras within the fight simulator on each computer to 15% overlap.
BHawthorne

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:34 pm

Thanks a lot for the reply.
I'm using two widescreen projectors and I finally setup them with 100° of FOV. All seems ok for performaces and visual, I only have to blend them together.
I'll try your solution of manual blend them one with each other.
Thanks again.

Postby BHawthorne » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:35 am

Nthusim Standard is free to use in demo mode. Let me know how things go. I've done 180 degrees with two projectors but not tried 220 degrees yet. On my particular projectors the pixel size was borderline almost too big and the focus depth was at the edge of the projector capability. Depending on which projectors are used mileage may vary though.
BHawthorne

Return to NTHUSIM Standard & Plus -- Projectors