[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4744: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4746: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4748: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
NTHUSIM • View topic - HTPC set up

HTPC set up

Document the build progress for your screen or computer setup.

Postby 1miracle2 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:51 am

Any one here rocking an HTPC set up at home?

I've been looking for an OrigenAE s21T but OMG they are soooo expensive for just the case!
But boy is that finish sleek and pertty! LOL
Daniel Araiza
9' x 4' self built immersive screen
1 Optoma projector
(2nd on hold actually, may need to just upgrade that optoma to a 1080P, dang, could have saved $ and got the single projector set up)
1miracle2

Postby 1miracle2 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:13 am

pulled the trigger on that case.
my main projector gave out so I went ahead and also pulled the trigger on a BenQ w1500.
it's only 2200 lumens but I believe it will be more than enough for the room it will b in.
And with that said I have spent more money in the last month than in the last 2 years, I am spent!
Daniel Araiza
1 Optoma projector
(2nd on hold actually, may need to just upgrade that optoma to a 1080P, dang, could have saved $ and got the single projector set up)
1miracle2

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:28 am

I'm in the process of piecing together one. I've got everything except the motherboard. Going to go either the new ASUS ROG Ranger or Impact Z97s. Those came out just last week. My projector is a BenQ W1070 which works out perfectly for my room length and the lens throw. First time I've not used a short-throw projector in awhile. Overall, I like the build quality on the BenQ's.
BHawthorne

Postby 1miracle2 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:13 am

Daniel Araiza
1 Optoma projector
1miracle2

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:04 pm

Yep, the ASUS ROG boards are quality stuff. I used to build EVGA exclusively on my builds till about 2010. They've lost some key people over at EVGA in the last few years. EVGA still have better customer service but the feature set ASUS ROG brings is much more interesting to me. I used to be a forum mod over at EVGA for 5 years before I really got into Nthusim. I see ASUS behaving a lot like the EVGA of old and EVGA is losing a bit of it's mojo. I'm still on really good terms with EVGA management, but I'd like to see their product quality improve in the future.
BHawthorne

Postby 1miracle2 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:13 am

Thought I'd share a couple of pix of the new Touchscreen HTPC.
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (26.43 KiB) Viewed 31395 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (189 KiB) Viewed 31395 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (95.89 KiB) Viewed 31395 times
Daniel Araiza
1 Optoma projector
1miracle2

Postby 1miracle2 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:14 am

one more pic ya'll
Attachments
4.jpg
4.jpg (53.62 KiB) Viewed 31395 times
Daniel Araiza
1 Optoma projector
1miracle2

Postby BHawthorne » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:28 am

Cool, good to get a few examples of single screen HTPC use. It's something we've not documented much in the Nthusim community. :)

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby 1miracle2 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:37 am

This is my living room and I would love to change it an immersive screen. Theater like almost, bowed but subtle.
Problem is my wife doesn't want me to make any holes or do any unnecessary structural change of any sort and I on the other hand like things to kind of flow and don't mind cutting or molding things here and there.
Some day I figure out a way clean way to get it done and get another license! lol
Daniel Araiza
1 Optoma projector
1miracle2

Postby BHawthorne » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:15 am

I also do a flat wall for my HTPC. I have a BenQ W1070 mounted to a window seal and it throws across the room full wall. I use Nthusim Standard to clean up the edges to the corners. It's nothing exotic, but I use it more than my other setups at the moment.
BHawthorne

Return to Project Build Logs