Re Interesting problem Nthusim+

A catch-all forum for topics not directly related to NTHUSIM.

Postby Triple 7FlightSim » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:17 pm

Hi Brad
Back again, with another problem with windows 10 and NthusimPlus.
Every time I start Nthusim I loose all my displays, the computer is still on
but no displays. (visuals) No Nthusim GUI. My only option is to restart the computer..
I've turned off Windows Defender and firewall and this did not help. Still no visuals.
I also use matrox triple head2go digital edition.
Nthusim Plus version 4.1.270
There was no issues before when I was using Windows 7 64bit
Any input or suggestions would be greatfully appreciated..
Thanks Robert
Triple 7FlightSim

Postby BHawthorne » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:36 am

There might be a few different things that might be at issue. This is pretty much a catch-all post for diagnosing current issues for Nthusim 4.1.

Depending on if you're Windows 10, Microsoft with their patch update habits for Windows 10 have been constantly messing with how the WDM (desktop) render pipeline works. This is breaking the WDM (desktop) pipeline for a few different patch version of Windows 10 including the most recent Creators update. ImmersaView is working on a fix for this because it's effecting both Nthusim consumer and ImmersaView commercial products. They've been working on it for about a month now, so my hope is they'll have something for us in June. As a stop-gap, non-ideal solution for now would be to go into the Tools menu and disable the WDM (desktop) pipeline checkbox.

Alternately, anything that uses a similar injection method as Nthusim can directly conflict with Nthusim. This usually pops up as a problem with clients and utilities that have overlays.

- Clients such as Nvidia GeForce Experience that is installed along side current Nvidia drivers, AMD Gaming Evolved that is installed along side AMD drivers. In the case of GeForce Experience and AMD Gaming Evolved clients, my suggestion is when you driver install that you do a custom install omitting those things or after driver install go in and uninstall those via "start menu -> Settings cog icon -> Apps settings -> Apps & Features -> select it and -> Uninstall".

- In game clients such as Steam or Origin -- the In-Game Overlay option in the Steam client, the In-Game overlay in the Origin client. Both Origin and Steam can be installed but the settings for these In-Game overlays and the streaming video capture options need to be turned off in their settings because they behave similarly to how Nthusim works and often conflict.

- Performance utilities such as RivaTuner, EVGA Precision X and MSI Afterburner's data overlays can break Nthusim also as they use same injection methods. Make sure to turn off the overlay options in those utilities or uninstall them if they're not critical for your end-use.

As all these things are moving parts that they constantly update and patch, your mileage may vary on their use and behavior of those items are subject to change outside of our control. It's why when you find a version of those things you find works, don't update just to update to something newer, because it can and has broken Nthusim often in the process. It's going to require a bit of experimentation when initially installing some of these things. If you find something that doesn't work with Nthusim, let me know so I can document it.

Lastly, some anti-virus gets too aggressive and false positives some Nthusim parts because they're doing something non-standard the anti-virus doesn't understand. I don't have a definitive list of AV utilities that do and don't work, so my suggestion is to install the AV as a demo before buying to make sure it works.

There are a lot of random working parts always being updated with a Windows operating system. It's best in a setup that when you find a version of something that works to keep it and don't update further unless it's forced on you. That way you won't have any random issues with stability.

In relation to P3D 3.X versions, P3D will crash to desktop from the main menu if you change aircraft from that menu. It is ok though if you change instead while from the dropdown menu while the sim is currently running. P3D 3.X version are doing something odd with how they call something in that menu, which breaks things. The stop-gap solution is to load aircraft from the drop-down menu instead of the main menu.

In relation to Nthusim not saving configuration or preferences, it could be a Windows account permissions issue where Nthusim being run on the particular user account you're using doesn't have permission to create/edit/save/modify it's own preference/configuration files because of your Windows account. My suggestion would be to "Run as administrator" Nthusim when launching and/or use an account with admin level privileges.
BHawthorne

Postby Triple 7FlightSim » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:39 am

Hi Brad
Before you go to bed..Can you please allow me 1 more activation.
After reading the above and not able to get Nthusim to work in Windows 10
I have gone back to windows 7 and there I will stay until I hear from you re
new version of Nthusim plus
Once again thanks for your help
Robert
Triple 7FlightSim

Postby BHawthorne » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:46 pm

Should be all set for re-activation. AFRCC called earlier so I was out hunting down an ELT for a few hours. Found it and deactivated it. I'm back now. :)

-Brad
BHawthorne

Return to General Chat