Using NTHUSIM on dublicated screens

A catch-all forum for topics not directly related to NTHUSIM.

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:42 am

Hi there,

i wanna use NTHUSIM on a setup with a projector onto a curved screen and a monitor with dublicated screen in windows. Is there any possibility to use NTHUSIM only with the projector and have the regular picture on the monitor?

Thanks for your help!

Greets
Falco

Postby BHawthorne » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:01 am

I'll have to do a bit of experimentation. I'm interested to see myself if the warp is applied to both displays or only one when a display is mirrored within Windows.

What is your end-use for this setup? Will it be a specific flight or racing simulator or a more generic use?
BHawthorne

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:49 pm

Thanks for the reply.

We are building up a formula racing simulator with an monocoque like setup. To provide a possibility for the engineer to setup simulation preferences and so on convienently, we plan to connect both, a projector for a curved screen and a monitor, which shall be mirrored in windows. In this case we would be able to look at the driving and to make all adujustments on the monitor. At the moment I run the software using a window view and move it from the monitor to the projector after setting things up.
It would be great to ease this. :-)
Unfortunately some parts are out of sight on the curved screen, which is no issue for driving, but for making configurations.

I tried to connect the monitor to a different graphics card than the projector, but both are warped.
So, any help or hint would be appreciated :-)

Postby BHawthorne » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:10 pm

Hrrrm, I don't see an easy solution. When a display is mirrored the warp is applied to both because it looks like the pipeline is mirrored post warp application. It's a limitation of Windows.
BHawthorne

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:57 pm

Thanks for checking, Brad!
I guess, it would work with the two seperate GPUs, but in that case mirrored screens is not possible in windows... Any other ideas how to get that working?

Postby BHawthorne » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:46 am

Which racing sim is used? I could test against that to see if I can get it working on my end.
BHawthorne

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:45 pm

I'm using rFactor 1

Postby BHawthorne » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:21 am

Thanks, I'll try to schedule in some testing in the next week.
BHawthorne

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:53 am

Any news on that topic?

Postby BHawthorne » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:46 am

Nothing insightful to report. MIrroring of display occurs in the pipeline before warp/blend is applied. I see no immediate solution to the issue. This is a limitation of Windows itself.
BHawthorne

Return to General Chat