Can you startup FSX in window mode?

Your projector questions can be answered here.

Postby cbruce » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:45 am

I startup nthusim, then FSX which seems to load in full-screen mode now (before I had nthusim it loaded in desktop mode). I have to switch to desktop mode in order to run the Panel Restore utility (it only works in desktop mode), then back to full screen mode again. Is there any way to get the first load in desktop mode?
cbruce

Postby BHawthorne » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:50 am

Nthusim only pre-warps in DX7-11.1 and OpenGL fullscreen mode. We have the capability to pre-warp desktop but it's not implemented yet in Nthusim. If you like I'll add the feature request for the next patch version.This feature has been asked for in the past but no user has followed up on it with staff. We do have the codebase to implement this feature though. I'll speak with Alex, Andy and Emmanuel about it.
BHawthorne

Postby cbruce » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:46 am

Thanks, sorted. Now that I have got a registered version, when I load nthusim and then FSX, the latter starts in windows mode, so I can then do my bits and then go to full screen mode. This is exactly what I wanted. (It seems in the demo mode it goes straight into only full screen mode)
Best
Charles
cbruce

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:31 am

Ah, must be a demo mode related bug. All of my testing is on registered installs. I should test the new builds also in unregistered mode. Thanks,

-Brad
BHawthorne

Return to NTHUSIM Standard & Plus -- Projectors