Problem with warping and rear projection

Your projector questions can be answered here.

Postby cbruce » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:26 am

I tried rear projection onto a curved screen with 2 projectors (linked via Matrox Dual Head) and your trial. My screen is straight for about 176 cm and then curves for 62cm on each of the left and right sides. Everything seems ok in the centre, but where the curves are seems almost impossible to get rid of the distortion. I guess I have to get all the squares the same size and square which seems impossible to do. I have some pictures I can show you if you can let me know how I can get these to you. Is this a quirk with rear projection that cannot be overcome?

I have 2 sanyo short-throw projectors and 2 Radeon HD6970 2GB cards

There does not seem to be any blending in the trial in order to see the results, is that just something for the registered version?
cbruce

Postby BHawthorne » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:02 pm

There is an option to link photos to a post. It's the square icon that looks like mountains and a sun while writing a post. I typically would use something like Imageshack to host the photos on. Photos would better help me visualize the issue. Once I see a few I can better see what is going on. I'm sure we can get it figured out once I see the setup configuration.
BHawthorne

Return to NTHUSIM Standard & Plus -- Projectors