NOOB Question about NTHUSIM STD on a curved wall

Your projector questions can be answered here.

Postby rayjamz » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:02 am

Hello,

I am a new user and am trying to use NTHUSIM Standard on a curved wall to remove the distortion at the top and bottom of the curved screen.

I am only seeing the keystone adjustments in the corners and no way to adjust the centers. Am I missing something?

Ray
rayjamz

Postby rayjamz » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:42 am

Nevermind, i found the tutorial and it answered my questions. This is pretty cool software. I can't wait to try it with multiple projectors!!
rayjamz

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:46 am

Yep, it's very straightforward in use. Just need the F1/F2/F3/F4 keys to add and remove grid columns/rows. S for save. ESC to back out to the main menu. There are a few options in the Tools menu to turn on/off a few options.

If you have any questions let me know. Thanks,

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby rayjamz » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:14 am

I am trying to play a video with windows media player and when I enter full screen mode everything looks great. After a few seconds, the screen returns to the original uncorrected view. When I move the mouse it corrects itself. How can I stop this behavior?
rayjamz

Postby BHawthorne » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:47 pm

Which windows version? I'll do some testing on my end. I tend to have a personal preference of using Media Player Classic Home Cinema 64 bit client. It allows for fine tuning which render pipeline you use in Options... -> Playback -> Output. Do you have a particular preference in using Windows Media Player? If not, I've been very happy using MPC for my video playback.
BHawthorne

Postby rayjamz » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:55 am

Yes, Windows 10 on a brand new Acer Revo PC. I was just testing with media player because I had to disconnect the original video source to test. Ultimately, I will be using a proprietary media player's hdmi OUTPUT connected to the PC using a StarTech USB video capture device USB2HDCAPM. The StarTech software will be the final player going out to the projector.

After struggling to get the NTHUSIM software working consistently for several hours, I was finally able to achieve an acceptable projected image on the curved screen. When I put the windows media player into Full Screen mode it would warp out beautifully and the image was perfect. Then, after less than 5 seconds, the bubble would appear at the bottom of the screen where I had made my adjustments in the NTHUSIM software. I would move the mouse ever so slightly and it would pop back into the corrected image for a few more seconds, then revert back to the bubbled out image. Very frustrating to troubleshoot. I would also occasionally get a message in the diagnose screen that WDM(PWDM)(?) driver could not install. Am I supposed to reboot every time I make a change to the alignment or the configuration? I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong or why it wasn't working, then all of a sudden it would start working and I had no idea why. I really don't care if the windows desktop is corrected, I only care when the video is playing.
rayjamz

Postby BHawthorne » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:46 am

Is your windows update patched to current? Are you using the most current video card driver? The generic Microsoft video card driver is problematic. Use the current video card driver from your video card manufacturer -- most users are either AMD or Nvidia. You didn't mention whether you were AMD or Nvidia based GPU?

Sounds like an issue related to refresh rate. Go into the Nthusim Tools menu and enable "Limit framerate to:" and put 60 in the textbox area. Also try it with vertical sync enabled and see if that helps. Do you happen to have "WDM (desktop)" enabled in Tools? Also make sure "Cursor correction" is enabled. Both "Show the corrected mouse cursor" and "Hide the hardware (undistorted) mouse cursor" are both enabled.
BHawthorne

Return to NTHUSIM Standard & Plus -- Projectors