[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4744: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4746: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4748: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
NTHUSIM • View topic - Dual Projector setup

Dual Projector setup

Your projector questions can be answered here.

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:17 pm

I'd like to configure dual projector setup.
I configured the display settings to extend the display. Now I can detect both of projectors and view as well.

After select "dual projector" and "configure". I can see the grid only on display 1. Not in display 2.
I'd like to know how I can bring the additional map for the display 2.
I read some posts in the forum and found that only one map can be controlled at a time. But it should be see on both.
Help.

Rgds,
Khant

P.S I couldn't find " NTHUSIM Plus with 15% overlap". There is only "Configure" "Tools" and "Minimize" button.
Do I need internet connection to see "NTHUSIM Plus with 15% overlap"?

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:54 pm

I think a post can edit twice only. So let me adds some more here please.
My graphic card is NVIDIA Geforce 9500GT with one VGA and one DVI output display.
(VGA port is connected to Projector 2 and DVI port is connected to Projector 1.)
Movie plays on the primary display only. How to span the movie on both projectors?

Thanks and regards,
Khant

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:45 pm

Greetings, Nthusim requires a spanning solution such as AMD Eyefinity, Nvidia Surround or Matrox DH2G/TH2G in order to enable the span. As you are attempting to span with a 9500GT your only option is to purchase a Matrox DualHead2Go box or upgrade your video card to one that can span. Personally I would suggest an AMD Eyefinity capable card because Nvidia requires an extra adapter in order to do dual projector even with their most current cards. Any modern AMD Eyefinity capable card can do Eyefinity 2x1 though. For Nvidia you'd need to buy an Nvidia card that has a DisplayPort and then get the Zotac DisplayPort to Dual-HDMI active adapter they sell on Newegg for about $50. Either way your current video card will require additional hardware or upgrade. If you wish to keep with Nvidia, I suggest you upgrade to at least a GTX660ti in order to properly handle the resolution.

Once you have the span enabled through hardware you then can configure the projectors. To enable the edge blend 15%, ensure you installed Nthusim Plus, not Nthusim Standard. Then select the "dual projector" option in the main menu and also select the "edge blending" checkbox. The edge blending checkbox is what enables the 15% overlap. Thanks,

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:20 am

Thank you BHawthorne.
If I understand corretly I have four options to span the image using two projector as below :
A) 1 Nvidia 9500GT card >> 1 Matrox DualHead2Go box >> 2 projectors

B) 2 Nvidia 9500GT cards + NTHUSIM >> two projectors

C) 1 AMD Eyefinity card + NTHUSIM >> two projectors

D) 1 Nvidia GTX660ti card + NTHUSIM >> two projectors

I'd like to know :
1)Matrox DualHead2Go comes together with "PowerDesk for PC". If I'm correct NTHUSIM can replace with PowerDesk. no longer need to use NTHUSIM?
2)As I'm seeking cheaper way, is it possible to use 2 Nvidia 9500GT cards + NTHUSIM for spanning image? (Though I agree your suggestions to use GTX660ti for better resolution.)
3)If I buy one of the followings AMD Eyefinity card , I can span the image with NTHUSIM. Am I correct?
ATI FirePro™ V7800
AMD FirePro™ V5900
ATI FirePro™ V5800
ATI FirePro™ V4800
AMD Radeon™ HD 6400 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 5600 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 5500 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 5400 Series

Thank you.

Khant

Postby BHawthorne » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:38 am

Available options -- limited by how DirectX works:

A) 1 Nvidia 9500GT card + 1 Matrox DualHead2Go box + NTHUSIM -> 2 projectors (Not cost effective and bad performance)
(Will not work because how DirectX handles spanning.)
C) 1 AMD Eyefinity card + NTHUSIM -> two projectors (Most cost effective option)
D) 1 Nvidia GTX660ti card + Zotac DP-to-Dual HDMI active adapter + NTHUSIM -> two projectors (Would do this if you prefer Nvidia over AMD)

#1: PowerDesk is a desktop management utility to allow snap-to for desktop windows. Nthusim does in-game pre-warping and edge blending. Nthusim and Powerdesk do two different things. An example of a substitute for PowerDesk would be AMD HydraGrid. PowerDesk only works on the desktop. Nthusim only works in-game. They have no features in common.

#2: You are limited by how OpenGL and DirectX sees the rendering area for a game, it has to see it as a virtual single display. That can't be done like you might with a desktop. In-game spanning and desktop extending have two very different mechanics and limitations.

#3: Any AMD card that is newer than 2010 (5000-series or newer) has Eyefinity capability and will allow spanning. My personal favorite would be to use a 7870 or a 7950 but the 6870 and the 6950 are also good. Most 5000-series cards should be very cheap right now considering they're two series old now. You could probably find a good used 5870 for cheap. Be mindful that it's best not to skimp on the video card as it is key to how well the system preforms.

To clarify, what will be your end-use for the setup?
BHawthorne

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:56 pm

I bought Matrox M9138 LP PCIe x16 graphic card with three mini display output.
I could span the video and images to three LED monitors.
Please helps me to choose the projects work together with Nthusim and Matrox graphic cards.

Main purposes of my projects is to see movies and images on the curved wall.

Postby BHawthorne » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:15 am

You picked a video card brand I have no clue about. Can it span in DirectX and OpenGL mode? I only have knowledge of Nvidia and AMD brand video cards.
BHawthorne

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:19 pm

Thank you. I'll try my best and let you know the achievements.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:57 pm

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:48 am

Please see the outcome images below. It works!

Going to purchase Plus edition.

Next

Return to NTHUSIM Standard & Plus -- Projectors