[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4744: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4746: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4748: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
NTHUSIM • View topic - crashing with rfactor 2

crashing with rfactor 2

Your projector questions can be answered here.

Postby elbo » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:29 am

Hi
I get a Crash to desktop under rfactor 2.
It is the nthusim software that causes the crash as when I don't run it the program works just fine.

here is the log

Wed Dec 24 11:23:14 2014 : [2208] Welcome to Nthusim

Wed Dec 24 11:23:14 2014 : [2208] You are running Nthusim Standard 3.4.185.2520

Wed Dec 24 11:23:14 2014 : [2208] ---

Wed Dec 24 11:23:14 2014 : [2208] Windows 8 Pro (build 9200), 64-bit

Wed Dec 24 11:23:15 2014 : [2208] Display 1: Generic PnP Monitor (cloned) (disabled)(0, 0, 1920, 1080) on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 #1[9.18.13.4709]

Wed Dec 24 11:23:15 2014 : [2208] ---

Wed Dec 24 11:23:15 2014 : [2208] Configuration file : C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Nthusim\default.ntb

Wed Dec 24 11:23:17 2014 : [2208] License : Dino Lombardi

Wed Dec 24 11:23:15 2014 : [4444] [BE] Service started

Wed Dec 24 11:23:52 2014 : [4832] DirectX 9 32bit requested by E:\rFactor2\Bin32\rFactor2.exe

Wed Dec 24 11:24:21 2014 : [4832] [9SC] could not retrieve device for swapchain (p=04BFC530)
elbo

Postby BHawthorne » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:29 am

Thanks for the logfile. That should help us track things down. We're at the moment testing Nthusim 4.0 against a list of games to ensure things work right. I'll have rFactor 2 added to the list we test against. I had a chance to pick up a lot of new title for the Steam test account too with the winter sale. Just added GRID Autosport, FSX Steam Edition and F1 2014 in the last two days.

A lot of the time it's not just Nthusim, but it's a combination of Windows updates, AMD/Nvidia driver changes and Nthusim. There are instances where titles have worked for years, and then Windows update patches WDDM, or Nvidia adds Nvidia Experience or some new overlay conflict occurs with a third party app like MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision X. These are some of the things we're testing against at the moment.

In the case of Window 8, there has been a few WDDM changes that have been causing issues. Nthusim 4.0 directly addresses Windows 8 and 8.1. As soon as it's out, it should fix many Windows 8 specific issues. Microsoft broke a lot of thigns on the back end with WIndows 8 and 8.1 mechanics.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:47 pm

Hi, I had rFactor 2 Demo and it worked fine on my system but I am running Win 7??.. I think your Problem stems from your PnP Monitor.. You need to go into Device manager and select the driver for your Monitor..

Do you run triplescreen Surround??
The_Nephilim

Postby elbo » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:00 am

Thanks for the response.
A search of the optoma website shows no drivers for my projector so I have to make do with the generic windows drivers.
Hopefully when 4.0 gets released things will work out.
elbo

Postby BHawthorne » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:31 am

Looking closer at the log, I see 3.4 and Windows 8. 3.4 pre-dates Windows 8 full compatibility. It was further addressed in 3.5 and the last few development builds of 4.0. NTHUSIM is supporting the latest patch versions of WIndows 7 and adding WIndows 8.1 with 4.0. I recommend running WIndows Update and patching current to Windows 8.1. NTHUSIM 4.0 is targeted to work with WIndows 8.1, including the new WDDM changes that Microsoft implemented that breaks NTHUSIM 3.4 in WIN8 or newer systems.
BHawthorne

Postby elbo » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:35 am

Hi Brad,
Not sure if I am understanding you correctly.

Is it windows or the nthusim software you are wanting me to update.
I am not sure we the log file is showing win8.0 when I am in fact running win8.1.

If it is the nthusim software where do I get v3.5

Going to the store page on the nthusim website the standard executable download offered is 3.4.185 which is what I am currently running.

thanks,
elbo

Postby BHawthorne » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:50 am

If you're running WIndows 8.1 you should be ok on the Windows side of things. At issue, there are things broken in NTHUSIM 3.4 because of how Microsoft implemented WIndows 8.1 rendering pipelines. Those are directly addressed with NTHUSIM 4.0. We have a couple of bugs specific to Nvidia that we're addressing at the moment. Once those are addressed we'll have a public release 4.0 version available. I believe that should fix any 8.1 render pipeline related issues.

The problem is with NTHUSIM 3.4 and should be addressed in 4.0.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:48 am

The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:51 am

Monitor Asset Manager is a pretty useful utility. I've used it numerous times to add resolutions to projectors. Editing EDID info is pretty confusing though.
BHawthorne

Return to NTHUSIM Standard & Plus -- Projectors