screen setup and creation software?

Your projector questions can be answered here.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:38 am

So is there a software for designing screens? So you can figure out projector placement, screen curve in degrees and overall size of screen?

Thanks.

Postby BHawthorne » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:47 am

Immersaview has a screen design utility. But I've not used it in awhile. I'll ask Andy and Alex later today when they get into the office. I'm curious of the status of the application myself. I mostly just use Projector Central's Projector Calculator and drop in the information of the projector I'm researching specs on to get a rough idea of distance requirements to screen.
BHawthorne

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:03 am

So the regular flat screen calculator works the same for distance even though the screen will be curved in the end.

Postby BHawthorne » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:04 am

It works for the shortest distance to the screen (which is the edge of the projection not the center). The center of the projection is further away than the distance for a flat screen. The information for Projector Calculator is useful, it's just that you have to use it slightly differently for a curved surface. It's easier to explain with an illustration. I'll look around tonight and try to find an example of what I mean.
BHawthorne

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:36 pm

appreciate the help!

Return to NTHUSIM Standard & Plus -- Projectors