[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4744: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4746: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4748: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
NTHUSIM • View topic - eVGA Display Port Hub..

eVGA Display Port Hub..

Your projector questions can be answered here.

Postby The_Nephilim » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:05 pm

Hey I was wondering since I have VGA Projectors if I could use the eVGA Display port Hub found here:

http://www.evga.com/articles/00815/

With my setup and get 3D surround to work?? I know I can use an adapter to go from display port out of the 3 way hub connector to a VGA Adapter.. but I am unsure if the 3D Surround Vision will work out of 1 Display port adapter on the Video card??
The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:22 am

I just Found the FAQ for this Device and the answer is a BIG NO:

Q: Can I enable NVIDIA Surround via the DP Hub?
A: Unfortunately, NVIDIA Surround does not support the use of a DP Hub at this time.
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:42 am

Nvidia is very specific in what ports work for surround. Nvidia is still working on DisplayPort 1.2 specification compliance. It might be something that would potentially work in the future but not something right now.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:33 pm

The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:17 pm

I meant in relation to using a MST hub. The MST Hub specification is new to the DisplayPort 1.2 VESA spec. Nvidia has been taking their sweet time adopting DP to it's full potential. A few months ago I ran across a similar issue someone else was having with the EVGA DP Hub but with 2D Surround. At the moment Nvidia is only supporting the Hub for extending displays, not spanning them.

I'd use their system requirements page:
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technol ... quirements

At issue is they don't have data on SLI options for the 700-series cards on that page. The GTX680 and the GTX770 are essentially the same card, so my guess is you can use the GTX680 configuration for 2-way SLI, 3D Surround.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:54 am

Well funny you should mention the 770 is missing but they do have the Titan there.. funny the cheaper card is missing whilst the more expensive card is made to look like it is the ONLY Option..

When I did way Sli with the Titan it shows I can use the DP on Bothe cards but I would ONLY need to use 1 on the 2nd card as I can use the 2 DVI-I Connectors..

I am in the process of experimenting with my current card to see If I can use the DP Connector. I bought some DP Active Adapters and I am going to test with my current card to see IF I can in fact use the DP connector for 3D Surround..

I ordered them last night and should be here in a week or so.. Hopefully I can get them to work. I am doing this to see IF I am going to be able to extend my usage of these VGA Projectors.. IF I can get a newer card to work I will be able to keep these Acer Projectors for a longer time if not I am going to need to upgrade in the near future as these legacy connectors are just not going to be very future proof.
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:46 am

Yep, I didn't think they were very nice about omitting that information. It's a bit of misdirection (whether intentional or not) on their part. Nvidia is really awkward about how they implement Surround via video card parts. It's like you need a map to set it up. At least once you're setup you don't have to toy with it anymore. These are the kind of things where they show off all these cool systems doing things but don't properly explain the mechanisms or configurations behind them. I can relate to that a bit because that's a problem Nthusim has too. I need to be a bit more clear with users on how to setup things. That is one of the key things I seek to address in the new website we're designing at the moment.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:25 am

Well I was wondering since the Displays on the NVidia website especially the Projectors are mostly all old now. When you were at CES did NVidia or did you see any New DLP 3D Vision Projectors??
\
Looking forward to the new site.. I was also going to post some quarks about nThusim and some of the games I play.. Would you want me to Post on the General part of the forums. Sort of workarounds for getting things running with nThusim??
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:09 pm

They were all about G-Sync, Tegra in Audi cars and their Nvidia Surround 4k tv setup. They didn't have anything relating to projectors. I did look, but didn't see anything.

Yep, in the projector section would be good. A lot of games have tricks I use from the WSGF that are surround fixes.
BHawthorne

Return to NTHUSIM Standard & Plus -- Projectors