[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4744: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4746: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4748: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
NTHUSIM • View topic - Signal Processing Breaks my Warping..

Signal Processing Breaks my Warping..

Your projector questions can be answered here.

Postby The_Nephilim » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:10 pm

The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:13 pm

Looking at the video it looks like the first projector is attempting to change aspect ratio for the signal fed it, while the other two projectors are locked to a specific aspect ratio. Are you 100% sure aspect ratio is locked on all three projector settings and one isn't set for "auto" aspect ratio? The cause for it to change aspect ratio is that there is an in-game resolution that is different than the resolution that Nthusim was calibrated in. The Nthusim calibration is specific to a single resolution. You must use the same resolution in-game that is used in Nthusim calibration. Nthusim doesn't arbitrarily allow for different resolution from the calibrated resolution. hz setting can change but resolution can't. Without being on-site to troubleshoot, that would be my current diagnosis. I know that you've said that you've looked over all the projector settings though previously. That's why I'm really confused as to why it's doing what it's doing.

Within the Nvidia control panel make sure "Adjust desktop size and position" -> "2. Apply the following settings:" -> "Scaling" -> "Full-screen" -> "Perform scaling on" GPU -> "Override the scaling mode set by games and programs" enabled -> "Apply" button.

Even if something is misconfigured on the one of hte projectors that should force all projectors now to conform. Let me know if that helps.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:45 am

Yes I am 110% sure I locked it at 4:3. I triplechecked and anything that was on Auto I set to a more permanent setting.. I did try to set the Aspect ratio to Auto but that did nothing either..

In the NVidia control panel when I set those scaling settings the revert back after I save them is it supposed to do that?? I am unsure but the scaling option appears to be broke in NCP??

The 3 DP to VGA adapters made it worse believe it or not as the left and center monitor now go into signal processing mode.. this is weird indeed.. I thought the 3 Adapters would have fixed it..
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:01 am

It sounds like Nvidia driver related, not Nthusim. If a hardware change with an adapter is changing the behaviour of the middle projector now it tells me something is going on with Nvidia control panel configuration or how the projector handles VGA analog input vs HDMI digital.

Originally, were you mixing VGA and HDMI port types for projector input? If so, was the one type that deviated from the others the one shifting?

Just a thought but go through the same steps with Nthusim not in use and see if things are still shifting around a bit. It'll be harder to see with Nthusim not in use. Maybe mark specific location of hte projection with a small piece of painter's tape and see in that location shifts now?
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:22 am

Well Originally I was using the DVI-I to VGA, DP to VGA, DP to VGA Adapters and only the left monitor had the scaling issues.. I Never used the HDMI Plug.. I am on NVidia chat to try and find out why the savings on the scaling mode are not saving..

I will report back what I find until then I was reading about Elite Dangerous and they where say the game does some weird scaling in the game?? I am unsure but will check into that a bit more to try and find out what it is in fact doing..
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:02 am

I might be a bit delayed in replying over the weekend. I'm out of town teaching search and rescue aircrew for Civil Air Patrol. I'll be out of communication till late Sunday night.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:27 am

hey NP thank you for the heads up. hopefully the weekend is a good one for you.

on a side note I just got done with NVidia support and reported the issue of the scaling settings not saving.. perhaps it is a 3D Surround issue?? they will get back with me after they investigat it further.. heck he even watched my video ;) hopefully something good will come out of this..

Oh 1 more note, I was getting a similar problem with Arma2 some time ago and it turned out to be the HZ setting in a config file was set to 75hz. I changed it to 120Hz and Arma 2 has worked flawlessly since.. I remembered that as I put up my other video I seen that one.. so the HZ do play a part in the warping it seems??
The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:13 am

Well Brad I have been looking into what you said about nthusim and the warping method with screen res. It appears Elite is using some weird Aspect ratios and a NON triplescreen in the initial screens and that is probally causing the issues..

I did try LOTRO and WOW and Both those titles have triplescreen UI on initial launch and menus and the warp was Perfect and the Proj. did NOT go into Signal Processing mode with either of those games.. I have put in a request to see if I can find out what is anything I can do to get a triplescreen UI in the initial screens and main menu..

I will wait a while before I call Frontier with my complaints as I put a post in the ED Forums about the GUI they implement and why they don't offer triplescreen users a triplescreen GUI .. ;)
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:12 pm

Part of the problem is game devs have HMD/VR on the brain at the moment and that's being a bit less friendly with triple-display users. HMD/VR might become a big thing in 2016-17 but right now IMHO triple-display users is a larger cross section that they need to accommodate better. I'm just glad it's 2016 and not 2006 though. Back in 2006 almost no one knew what triple-display was and that included most game devs. At least it's a bit better now. Not ideal, but then again what we're up to most people don't understand it can be done to begin with. ;)
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:04 am

yes rthere could be dark days for us triplescreen user in the days ahead.. but I think the HMD's may not ever become mainstream who knows.. It is funny because most people complained they did not like 3D Because they had to wear glasses. and npw they want people to wear that heavy headset thingie ;(

I did get a workaround but no word on the triplescreen manin menu for ED.. I am trying all kinds of stuff but nothing so far has worked. it will probally have to be written in the hardcode..
The_Nephilim

PreviousNext

Return to NTHUSIM Standard & Plus -- Projectors