Nthusim for 3 monitors

Your projector questions can be answered here.

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:12 am

Hello,

I understand that it is mentioned that nthusim is designed for projector setups.

I have a 3 monitor NVIDIA surround setup 3x 37" screens. This is otherwise nice, but FSX stretches the image a lot on the left and right monitor, making the image on the sides distorted. I was wondering, if nthusim would be capable to correct this type of problem on my setup and warp or stretch the image from the sides to make it appear more natural?

Just curious.

Postby BHawthorne » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:36 am

Not really, at the core of the issue are game camera mechanics. These sort of things need to be corrected internally within each game. Simulators like DCS World, FSX, Prepar3d and others allow for multi-camera views to be put together to compensate for the fisheye barrel distortion you're talking about. Regular games little thought is put into accommodating multi-display though. If it looks bad on multi-LCD, it'll look bad on multi-projector.

The goal of Nthusim Standard and Plus utilities is to conform the projection to the screen geometry and to blend the edges of each projector together. The game itself still needs to address camera rendering issues.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Return to NTHUSIM Standard & Plus -- Projectors