Can't get any game to 'warp'

Your projector questions can be answered here.

Postby BHawthorne » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:48 pm

Another user was able to reproduce a bug with the DX10/11 pipelines. I believe version 3.4 and 3.5 are effected. Not checked if 3.3 is so that might be a backup option until we can fix the bug.

On another note, I've purchased Assetto Corsa, so I'll be able to test it to ensure we get things working well with it.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:35 pm

Great stuff. keep me posted. You will enjoy AC, it's fantastic!

I'm currently using another product for the time being on an evaluation basis and all is working apart from a couple of sims/games.

I'd really like to get F1 2013 working with a warp as I'm in a league, hopefully that will get sorted soon.

And Project Cars (WIP) (I know you can't help me currently with this one), but I have it warping in dx9 mode, which is sufficient on a single short throw projector, but really would like dx11 to warp.

Anyhow, keep me posted as I said.
Thanks

Postby BHawthorne » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:05 pm

Will do. It's important to me to get DX10/11 working right. It could cripple a lot of titles I own at the moment. They're games I've not played since I had an earlier version of Nthusim Plus installed though. I was taking for granted that they still worked in 3.4 and 3.5. We'll get it figured out, because DX10/11 titles were working for years on Nthusim in the past. Just a matter of hunting down why it's not working now in the code.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:50 am

I'm starting to systematically troubleshoot things with a few titles.

F1 2013:
System Specs: Windows 7 Pro 64, AMD R9 280X Crossfire, Catalyst 14.1 beta, Nthusim Plus 3.5.186.2557.

I found my unable to launch F1 2013 issue was not Nthusim related. It was something going on with the Steam and F1 2013. Running a "verify integrity of game cache" fixed my launch problem. First successful launch was without Nthusim enabled. All worked ok. Second launch was with Nthusim Plus 3.5.186.2557. All is working ok with 3.5.186.2557 and F1 2013. Ran the F1 2013 benchmark.

Assetto Corsa:
System Specs: Windows 7 Pro 64, AMD R9 280X Crossfire, Catalyst 14.1 beta, Nthusim Plus 3.5.186.2557.

First launch was with Nthusim not enabled. Went into options, set native resolution, 120 degree FOV and single screen. Had to tinker a bit in options because graphics engine seems a bit buggy with some settings. Was getting a flashing/strobing rendering bug when in-game. Once I was satisfied with the settings I launched with Nthusim Plus 3.5.186.2557 enabled. No Nthusim related rendering issues. Assetto Corsa seemed to have some rendering bugs not related to Nthusim. Might be Catalyst 14.1 related.

I need to re-install Windows 8.1 again so I can dual-boot Win 7 and Win 8.1 for testing. Once I have that setup again I can perform the same tests using Win 8.1 Pro 64.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:50 am

Hi Brad,

Yes the 'application is already running' bug is well documented. if you then validate the game files it downloads a 7.1MB file and hey presto, the game launches.

I look forward to your findings on 8.1 :)

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:18 am

Hi Brad,

I have been told to give you this email address by WMD to get access to Project CARs as a developer.

[email protected]

If you mention me and the curved screen warping software issue, they may well already be primed as I had a few discussions tonight.

Just explain what your company is trying to achieve .. e.g. supporting as many titles in the racing sim community as possible and that you need access to the sim in order to develop/certify/qualify and you should be good to go... NDA and legal bits notwithstanding.

TTFN
-Paul

Postby BHawthorne » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:12 am

Excellent, I'll attempt to follow up on contacts early in the week during business hours. It's important for us to have good industry contacts. We have good contact on the flight sim side of things, but we need to get more familiar with the racing sim side. Nthusim is for more than just flight sim, and our industry relationships need to better reflect that. Hopefully, something will become of the contact. I'll keep you updated.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:05 am

Thanks Brad, much appreciated.

-Paul

Postby BHawthorne » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:12 am

No info to share yet about Project CARS. Picked up WRC 4 and NASCAR 2013 on Steam sale in the last day or so. I'll do a bit more testing this week.

Here is my Steam games list. If you see any in there you want me to specifically test, let me know.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/bhawthorne ... &sort=name

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby museumsteve1 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:23 am

Hi guys
I'm trying out Nthusim in eval mode as I work out whether or not to go curved screen with my BenQ W1080ST and I cannot get Assetto Corsa to work. It launches okay and is warped okay on the front screen but when I get into the menus and game no warping. Any ideas?
museumsteve1

PreviousNext

Return to NTHUSIM Standard & Plus -- Projectors