[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4744: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4746: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4748: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
NTHUSIM • View topic - Can't get any game to 'warp'

Can't get any game to 'warp'

Your projector questions can be answered here.

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:00 am

Hi... I'm new to this 'warping' idea and as an avid sim racer I have gone from pillar to post with rigs and setup, 3 screens just didn't cut it with the bezels, so I've opted for a SuperFOV setup inspired by IDLH_ of many forums and a user of Nthusim too.

I have got hold of a W1080ST projector on a 14 day trial (I have 4 days left) and have built a curved screen (150 degrees at 76"x33" with a 26.5" radius) and have set a custom resolution of 1920x822 for a 21:9 projection. This works great 'on the flat' screen but needs 'warping' to make it fit my screen. I bought a competitors warping software for 40 euros thinking that Nthusim was way too much over budget for my needs.... but I can't get that software to warp any of my sims/games.... so I downloaded the eval (10 mins at a time version) of Nthusim to see what I'm missing and to get it working..... but I'm stuck now with the same problem of not getting any warping when I launch any sim/game. I've tried many... so what could I be doing wrong?

Nthusim would now be my choice based purely on the setup and the ease associated with it.... but I need to get it working with my sims first.

My rig is on Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with a NVidia GTX 780 Ti and the latest 332.21 drivers. I am setting the projector as my primary display and extending my desktop to my Samsung 27" 2560x1440 monitor... but I have tried with only the projector enabled too, to no avail.

Please can you help... if you can get me up and running in the next day or so, you have yourself a sale!

Postby BHawthorne » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:53 pm

The reason why Windows 8.1 tends to not work with competitor's pre-warping software is that they don't implement 64-bit or the WDM used in Windows 8.1 yet. Windows 8.1 does some new nonsense with their render pipelines that previous versions of Windows didn't do. Pre-warping should work with Nthusim though, as we've targeted both 64-bit and Windows 8.1 compatibility. Which particular game are you having issues with?
BHawthorne

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:35 am

Thanks for your reply. I tried with F1 2013, Project CARS and also Assetto Corsa.

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:34 am

I've got F1 2013, but not Project CARS or Assetto Corsa yet. I'll try F1 2013 in the next day or so. Any word on when they'll open up Project CARS to new users again? I'd like to certify Project CARS for use with Nthusim products.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:15 am

Hi Brad, Thanks, time isn't on my side unfortunately as I have to return (or keep) the projector by Friday so am anxious to hear your reply so I can make my decision on whether to keep it or not. I can't gauge immersion without the warping functioning on this curved screen.

As far as Project Cars is concerned, they are not opening up to further users until it is released... that is planned for later this year, but may go in to next year if things don't go as planned. In the meantime, if I can get this working on what I have and keep the projector, I'm more than happy to work with you and on your behalf on certification.

I have a few other Sims... rFactor 2, Race 07 (and all addons) Dirt 1, 2, 3, Grid 1 & 2, RRRE, RBR, NetKar Pro and a few others along with F1 2010 upwards.... so can test on a few more... but the fact is, it just has not worked as yet for me with either of the warping softwares I have used.

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:21 am

Hi, a quick update... I can get the warp to apply to Directx9 games, but not dx10 or dx11... any ideas?

Games that work: rFactor2, Race 07 (whole series)

Games that do not work: Project Cars, Assetto Corsa, F1 2013

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:03 am

Nthusim pre-warp applies to DirectX 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and OpenGL (unless something is broken). Also, competing pre-warp software often can break functionality of Nthusim. The competition doesn't like to play well with others.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:05 am

There is no competing software installed or running.

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:09 am

BHawthorne

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:15 am

Nothing odd at all... I use the Windows 8.1 built in security.... UAC is OFF BTW.

To set the scene, I work in software and have been in IT since 1981 when I left school and am a beta tester for many Sims. Am trained/certified in Microsoft, Linux and Virtualisation brands (I work for the biggest one of them). I'm no longer a consultant, but do some coding on webby stuff, javascript, php, etc.

I'm not trying to tell you I know what I'm doing with your software by any means though, just saying that I have a headstart with this kind of stuff and I'm stumped.... hence the reach out for help.. and I really do appreciate it.

-Paul

Next

Return to NTHUSIM Standard & Plus -- Projectors