Can't get any game to 'warp'

Your projector questions can be answered here.

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:17 am

Ah, probably a Windows 8.1 WDM issue. The WDM for Vista, Win 7, Win 8 and Win 8.1 all have variations that break things with minor changes. I'll email you a link to a build to try.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:27 am

Another Update:

I reinstalled Nthusim Standard and recalled I could force pCARS to dx9.

With dx9 forced, the warp is applied to the game, but with it in standard dx11 mode it is not.

I'm going to attempt to reinstall direct x from scratch, or as close as I can ... just to discount it as the cause of the error... and I'll report back.

Thanks again for your support

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:29 am

I believe it's not DirectX runtime at issue. It's the changes between Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 WDM. The installer link I just emailed might fix it.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:33 am

Ok, thanks, I'll give it a whirl... back in 5!

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:45 am

Hi Brad,

No, not fixed.

I uninstalled 3.4.x and restarted the PC, then installed the new build, to no avail. I tried a few dx11 games and none warped... only the dx9 games.

I'll drop IDLH_ a quick note as I know he uses Nthusim Std and runs with Assetto Corsa and see what build he has and what OS.

In the meantime, I'm going off the projector idea while I still have chance to take it back... if all I can run without downgrading is really old games with poor graphics, it'll kill the immersion on a large screen.

I appreciate you trying to assist though, but maybe I should come back in 12 months when the software has caught up with OS and later technology... there may even be a better price point due to competition on Projectors (with higher res) and the software to drive this sort of thing... it may have become more mainstream by then.

I have got until Thursday night to decide, so if you have any other ideas, please let me know.

Cheers... have a beer! :)

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:49 am

Thanks, I'll try and do some troubleshooting on my end too. Will try a few things with F1 2013 over the next day or so. I'm setup for dual boot on my machine Win 7/Win 8.1. I'll be able to isolate out hopefully what is happening and if it's Win 8.1 specific. Hopefully I can come up with something. :)

Win 7 and Nthusim are pretty bulletproof. We have some growing pains with Win 8.1 though we're still working through.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:06 am

Hi Brad,

I don't know how much this has to play in the big picture, but IDLH_ is using nthusim standard 64 bit version 3.3.183.2100 with win7x64.

Thanks again,
-Paul

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:40 pm

Ah, Win 7 works significantly better with Nthusim at the moment than Windows 8.1. The WDM changes in WIndows 8.1 are not all accounted for yet in the current codebase. I think you would have a much better experience with Nthusim if you were using Win 7 64, but I realize it's not an ideal solution to ask of a customer to change an OS. It is an option that would solve several immediate issues though. Bear in mind that we will be addressing the WDM problems with Win 8.1 and it's a work in progress, but if you need immediate functionality it might take reverting to Win 7 or Win 8 to get things to work for now.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:46 pm

Hi Brad,

Buying Windows 7 is not an option that it free to me unfortunately, and is quite a cost (if I can even still get it that is)... I may be able to get hold of it, but I need other options if I'm to keep the projector.

It's not looking positive for me presently. :(

-Paul

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:53 pm

Ah, I understand. Please bear in mind that we will address the Windows 8.1 issues in the next few patch versions though. Right now Windows 8.1 and Desktop integration are on our current task list for development. It's not going to be an immediate process we can address this week though. Please keep us in mind later. Once addressed, I'll put up a video on my YouTube channel of Windows 8.1 with F1 2013 and Assetto Corsa. I won't have access to Project CARS till they allow new pre-orders again. I'm looking forward to Project CARS. I wish they still allowed pre-orders. I have a Fanatec PWTS with Clubsport pedals. :)

-Brad
BHawthorne

PreviousNext

Return to NTHUSIM Standard & Plus -- Projectors