DLP 3d ready sync signal

Your projector questions can be answered here.

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:05 pm

Hi everyone,

We just tried out the NThusim trial and considering bying a real license, but had som issues with the warping part..

We have a setup of 2 DLP 3D projectors that is projected in 180 degree (90 + 90)
We are using left/right alternating setup with active mode DLP 3D ready sync glasses and in order for the 3D projectors to enable 3D framepacking mode it requires that the player provides DLP 3D ready sync signal at bottom pixel row of the complete width of the screen, it is crucial that the 3D ready sync signal row isn't distorted in any way otherwise the sync and 3D frame packing mode won't be accessible.

NThusim seemed to do everything we wanted and worked fine with the player however it distorts, wraps the DLP 3D ready signal. It's kinda tricky to show a screenshot on this issue but maybe I could draw a sketch if my description is not fully understood..

If we for example alter any edges at the top or distorts something that doesn't affect the pixel row at the bottom, then everything works fine.. no problem at all..
If we turn on blending we also get issue (at least when not perfectly blended) because of the distortions that happens on the blend over the pixels at the bottom row..

Is this setup not supported by NThusim or is there any parameter or setting that allow us to skip warp/blend or overwrite the last pixel row with the original frame buffer ?

Please let me know if you need a sketch or more information

Postby BHawthorne » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:01 pm

This is something I'll have to defer to Alex and Andy on. In my past experience I've used Nvidia 3D Vision Kit with my GT720's and Nthusim Plus though. DLP 3D Ready is very much similar with 120hz shutter glasses Nvidia 3D Vision. It should be something that we can accommodate.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Return to NTHUSIM Standard & Plus -- Projectors