prior purchase

Your projector questions can be answered here.

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:09 pm

Hello Brad Hawthorne,

I ´m looking for a warp and bled software for my three beamer FSX Homecockpit solution. (BenQ 1080ST, 180° curved projection wall with a diameter of 376 cm. Mobile ceiling construction to move and place the projectors. I´m looking especially for geometric correction. Also important is a good tutorial and support during installation. I made a download of a trialversion, but because of the lack of a handbook and tutorial I withdrew the option Nthusim. Andy Bound from ImmersawView now pointed out that NThusim is a suitable solution for the home enthusiast market, so I will give them a second try. But I want establish a clear roadmap and not to start puzzling and grubbing in a forum for information.
On this circumstances I can buy the software and start the process. In the end we can publish the result in the forum anyway.

Best regards

bravolima

Postby BHawthorne » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:16 am

If you would like to know anything about Nthusim, I'd be happy to explain in detail. The reason why there is no manual up till now is that so far every single screen setup has been different. A generic manual does not properly cover every eventuality on screen designs. I take the time to work with each customer individually to best assist for their particular screen design. There is no need to randomly dig around for the information. I'm always available to answer questions same day. I prefer to give the customer a live person to help them through the build and answer questions in detail to best suit their individual build, not a generic manual that leaves it up to the customer to fumble around for the answers. I believe human interaction when configuring the screen is important in getting everything right.

If you are offering to assist in documenting a manual, I'd be grateful for the help. I still feel the best way to assist is to work with each person one-on-one. It ensures the design and implementation is best suited for your individual needs. That being said, we are in the process of working on a generic manual for Nthusim 4.0. One of the things we need for the manual are pictures of many of the steps involved in the configuration specific to each screen configuration type. Meaning we need to document for single screen, dual-flat screen, dual-circular screen, triple-flat screen, triple-circular screen. We even have a few that are doing triple-dome screen. The problem becomes that there are so many different variations that the manual content gets muddied with detail on extraneous screen configurations. There are around a dozen basic screen designs we'd need to properly document in order to do a proper manual depending upon field of view, end use, room size and projector lens throw requirements. I hope you can understand why we've gone the route of helping on an individual basis before now. I do appreciate your hesitation because of the lack of manual. I'd like to alleviate that by helping you in detail though. Thanks,

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:46 am

Hello Brad,

well I appreciate being offered a individual assistance for Setup. After the trial Version an looking to some videos few question for me remains, how can I avoid a rather bend horizon? Flying in my Sim on 5000ft and the earth below looks like a small football flying over, this is what I want to avoid. I assume this mght be tricky, because my diameter of 376cm is rather small, how can a geometric correction be achieved? Probably the achieved angle of view in the end of the whole Setup is much less than 180°....Do I need for this questions prior NTHUSIM a Special geometric correction Software or does NTHUSIM this task? This questions and for some other questions regarding beamer geometry I would like to have a look into a Software documentaion prior purchase.

best regards

B

Postby BHawthorne » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:26 am

The pre-warp grid that Nthusim sets up can handle most issues with geometric distortion. Some of it has to do with FSX though. How some deal with very wide field of view is to setup undocked cameras covering every 45 or 60 degrees. That will address the fisheye effect and camera limitations under single camera view. I tend to defer on the FSX specific questions to people more qualified than I am though. MyCockpit.org or avsim.com would be a good place to get FSX specific multi-camera view assistance. We have quite a few people who use FSX as customers, but they're not watching the forums regularly enough to give you timely assistance on that here. This is going to be an issue regardless of the pre-warping software you end up using. It's a universal configuration issue with FSX in particular.

My expertise focuses more on general configuration of the screen and the step by step setup of Nthusim within the configuration screen and tools menu. I know a bit about multi-camera views in FSX, but there are people much more qualified to explain it in detail at avsim.com and mycockpit.org. It's a two-part issue, half being getting the pre-warp software calibrated and the other half is setting up the proper multi-camera views in FSX.

One source for FSX multi-camera help on mycockpit.org is: http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthr ... highlight=
BHawthorne

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:22 pm

Hello Brad,

thank you very much for the explanation and the link. I assume these are the items which have to be worked out before warping in a FSX-Installation. Helped me a lot. I will report my further steps.

bravolima

Postby BHawthorne » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:38 pm

Excellent, it's a topic I want to learn more about too myself. I want to get Prepar3d 2.0 looking correct on my personal setup. P3D and FSX share a lot in how their configuration files work. I'd say about 50% of our customer base are FSX users, so it'll be handy to know how to setup multi-camera correctly in FSX. For years I've just been doing it single camera and FOV zoomed out. That way makes for fisheye barrel distortion though.
BHawthorne

Return to NTHUSIM Standard & Plus -- Projectors