[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4744: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4746: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4748: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
NTHUSIM • View topic - Anyway to massage out triple screen bezel joints?

Anyway to massage out triple screen bezel joints?

Your projector questions can be answered here.

Postby IDLH_ » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:19 am

IDLH_

Postby BHawthorne » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:00 am

Greetings, welcome to the forums! :D

How is your experience with the W1080ST so far? It looks good on paper but I want some seat time with one. Hoping to pick up one in April for my b-day.

If you can align a column of control points exactly on the locations where that bend occurs you can tweak it some, but it's not ideal. It's an issue specific to the camera code in the racing sim. They've got it setup for triple flat panel screen. This would be something we'd have to ask them to add a curved screen mode for. Does it have the option for single screen mode but at the triplescreen resolution? DCS world also has this issue. In DCS world I set for single screen and adjust FOV manually in the config file. Not sure if you have that amount of flexibility with Assetto Corsa. I meant to pick it up on the holiday Steam sale but it never got above 25% off I think. All the games I have are out of personal pocket, so I have to be frugal with my testing library and typically buy on sale. The game is on my wish list though. :)

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby IDLH_ » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:10 pm

So far I'm loving the BenQ but I need to be honest, it's exclusively used for the racing sim and so I haven't tried using it for movies or 3D content. As far as a PC display goes, the low(ish) input lag, crazy bright output, and amazing short throw capabilities really shocked me. I was able to achieve a great wrap-around at 1080p with decent pixel density. The BenQ keeps the image very sharp across the screen which was also a surprise.

Note, my curved screen is 1/8" bent hardboard painted a neutral N5 dark gray for a busy gaming room. The contrast is AMAZING for a curved screen that projects light around itself due to the angle at which light hits it. Whites still look... white! Don't let the pic I posted fool you, the lights were fully on there.

So thanks for the insight but it's definitely a camera code issue then. Ah well I wish NTHUSIM could emulate triples out of a single head PJ by splitting the screen into 3 vertical "screens" and locking the control lines at the "bezels".
IDLH_

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:49 pm

BHawthorne

Return to NTHUSIM Standard & Plus -- Projectors