Minimum Requirement

Your projector questions can be answered here.

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:30 pm

I built wiimote whiteboard using big mirror and rear screen projector. I got bad accuracy on writing because of my distortion screen.

Can I use NThusim Standard for my problem?
What is the minimum requirement for NThusim?
I have NVidia GeForce 2 and GeForce 4, can they be used for NThusim?

Regards

RanKugo

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:45 am

Greetings,

By Geforce 2 and Geforce 4 you mean 200-series and 400-series correct? There is a much older Geforce 2MX and Geforce 4MX that was done around a decade ago. If you mean something like a GTX260 or GTX460 those would be no problem. If it's at least a DirectX 9 capable card it should work either way.

What Nthusim does is correct the projection with a user defined grid. If you have any distortion you want to correct, you can fine tune the grid to address that sort of thing.

With Nthusim you can freely download the Nthusim Standard single projector utility and test it out for unlimited time using the unregistered 10 minute demo mode. It's available for download in the Account area. Just be mindful you have to restart it every 10 minutes while unregistered. Other than the time demo it's 100% like the registered version.

Nthusim is specifically design to conform the projection geometry to the surface of custom screen designs, so it should work ok for your needs. In January we're adding Aero desktop mode to our options. Previously, we were only fullscreen DirectX 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and OpenGL. With the addition of desktop pre-warp, we cover pretty much all render pipeline scenarios for Windows now.

If you have any questions I'm always around on the forums or can be reached via this message thread. I try to make sure I have 24 hour or less turn around time in replies. Thanks,

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:24 pm

Thanks for your fast reply....
I'm sorry I don't really understand Nvidia version...
It's GeForce 2MX and GeForce 4MX , Can they support NTHUSIM requirement?

Regards

RanKugo

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:07 pm

My suggestion would be to download it and try it to see. With that old of a video card it's one of those things I have no way of testing out myself.

A 2MX is older that I thought. It dates back to 2000.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_2_Series

Are you truly sure it's a 2-series and not a 200-series?

-Brad
BHawthorne

Return to NTHUSIM Standard & Plus -- Projectors