[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4744: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4746: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4748: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
NTHUSIM • View topic - nThusim Configuration Setup??

nThusim Configuration Setup??

Your projector questions can be answered here.

Postby The_Nephilim » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:16 am

You Got mail..
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:20 am

Thanks, having a look at it now. :)

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby BHawthorne » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:35 am

When I loaded it, it looks to be in curve mode not linear. How to tell is to use F2 to make a center column control point and pull the top control point down. Notice if the grid is curved or linear.

That's not the issue though. This looks to be a design issue with how Nthusim works. Nthusim looks to only have the ability to do the addition of 6 control point columns for each grid area. It needs around 14-16 (rough guess) though to put a control column right in the middle of the edge blending area so you can configure the abrupt angle change the flat screens do within the edge blending area. I'm looking at this as a design issue. Something we'll need Emmanuel and Alex to fix by increasing the maximum columns available in the control grids.

I'm going to shoot an email off to Emmanuel and Alex outlining the issue and see if they have a good solution that can be added to Nthusim to fix the problem. Simply adding the ability for more control point columns in the grid is a quick and dirty way to address it, but there is probably a more sensible solution that doesn't require a maxed out grid of control points to accomplish it.

For now, edge butting might be your best solution, till we can do a new version patch to address this. This points towards your setup being truly the first triple flat screen design that has tried edge blending with Nthusim. It's useful feedback to us on how we can make things work better.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:51 pm

Well I can stick with the Edge Blending it gives me lees of a gap and if the Projectors get a bit out of alignment I don't have to adjust them as that is pretty hard sometime..

The little alignment problem is not a game killer it is hardly noticeable in some games something I can live with as I like the edge blending technique better then butting them together..

Thank you so much for all your Help. it has been a pleasure.. I posted a thread at SimHQ and hopefully we can get the word out more..
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:25 pm

Thanks, this kind of build is fun for me because it's not the same as everyone else's. And plus, we get good feedback on linear pre-warp mode that we've not had before. It's been helpful on our side as well. :)

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:37 am

Hey Great I am glad to be of service.. If you need anything else I'll be glad to pitch in .. ;)
The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:27 am

The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:06 pm

Looks cool, I need to get more seat time in on DCS World. Pondering working through a bit of the FC3 mission content in the next few weeks myself.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:16 pm

Well I am pretty proficient in most of the DCSW Planes.. I mostly fly the F15c, Su-27, Su-25T, A10C and KA-50.. so if you need some help with those planes don't hesitate to shoot me your questions..

If I don't know I can find out or point you in the correct direction..
The_Nephilim

Previous

Return to NTHUSIM Standard & Plus -- Projectors