[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4744: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4746: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4748: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
NTHUSIM • View topic - Will ZOTAC save my Dual Projector setup?

Will ZOTAC save my Dual Projector setup?

Your projector questions can be answered here.

Postby matnor » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:38 pm

Hello!

This is my newly purchased system:
2 x Nvidia GTX 780 (SLI)
2 x Benq W1500 (Full HD)

Since I was switching from AMD to NVidia I could not imagine that spanning/surround/eyefinity with 2 x 1 displays would be a problem. What a nightmare when I realised this. Even with a 2 projectors and a third full HD display (monitor) I cannot get surround to working (re: sync polarity, I've tried to "trick" the monitor into being a projector without being able to enable Surround/Spanning. But that is another story).

However, I read on this forum yesterday about a device from ZOTAC that might save my setup. I need to have it confirmed.

Can the ZOTAC DP to 2xHDMI adaptor work for me if I need to do surround gaming with my setup?
Sometimes I would like to use only the TWO projectors (left channel 1920x1080 + right channel 1920x1080) and sometimes I would like to also use a third channel (like DCS setup with left channel 1920x1080 + center channel 1920x1080 and right channel/instruments 1920x1080 touch screen).

My typical needs:

Flight Simming:
On WALL: out the window display 2 x projectors
On Monitor: instruments, a touch screen monitor
Typical DCS, X-Plane, Prepar3d, FSX

Gaming:
On WALL, 2 x projectors

I'm not interested in 3d Vision at the moment (or whatever the term is for stereoscopic display).

So, As I understand, the ZOTAC will enable me to have a desktop/spanned output of 3840 x 1080 for my two projectors? That would solve the situation with gaming situations (Arma 3 etc) as I can use SLI and have the game in fullscreen mode projected on the wall only.

But, why is not Surround/Spanning working for me with 2xBenq W1500 (projectors) and 1xBenq XL2420T (monitor)?
The projectors are connected with HDMI and the Monitor is connected via DVI. It should be supported as in Option 1 in this guide.
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides ... surround#3

However, I understand that the displays must match not only in size and refresh rate, but also SYNC POLARITY?
I've tried this guide: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1038794194 but was not able. However, I will try again later this week because I did not fully follow the guide :oops:

Any help and clarifications appreciated!
matnor

Postby BHawthorne » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:06 am

Yes, one of the small secrets no one talks about is display polarity when it comes to spanning modes. It's important too. Typically most people use the same displays in their spans though so don't get hit with the polarity problem.

I need a bit of clarification on your spanning needs. Sometimes you need a dual-span and sometimes a triple-span? The Zotac can handle the dual span ok. The thing with the Zotac adapter is the video card sees it as a single 3840x1080 display, not two 1920x1080. If you're wanting to achieve a triple-span with a Zotac adapter + a single third display that makes the resolutions not longer symmetrical. It's one display of 3840x1080 and one of 1920x1080. Unless things have changed recently Nvidia doesn't do dual-display spanning modes.

The problems you are having is one of the reasons why I've not used Nvidia Surround in awhile. It's not flexible enough for my needs.
BHawthorne

Return to NTHUSIM Standard & Plus -- Projectors