[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4744: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4746: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4748: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
NTHUSIM • View topic - Win8.1 broke my warp

Win8.1 broke my warp

Your projector questions can be answered here.

Postby elbo » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:01 am

the win8.1 upgrade on my system (from 8) has disabled my warping. the software starts, the configuration screen shows my warped grid but they distortion does not get applied to my directx applications.

was wondering if this has happened to anyone else?
elbo

Postby BHawthorne » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:30 pm

Windows 8.1 changes a few thing with the WDM that breaks functionality. Our lead programmer is aware of the issue. Immersaview has already fixed it on the Warp utility and just need to apply that code fix to Nthusim too. We should know more come Monday when staff gets into the office.
BHawthorne

Postby elbo » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:59 am

hi Brad
any news on the timing for the patch?
elbo

Postby BHawthorne » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:49 am

Staff had a meeting this week. We're rolling out Nthusim 4.0 to address Win 8.1 WDM changes. Primary feature improvements will be Windows 8.1 WDM compatibility and desktop mode. I'm anxious to finally have desktop mode rolled out on Nthusim finally. Immersaview's SimVisuals was the first to get desktop mode working for a pre-warping utility back in 2010. It's finally made it way into Nthusim now.

The codebase for Windows 8.1 WDM fix and Desktop mode are both well established in Immersaview Warp. It just needs to be dropped into Nthusim and we push a version update installer to everyone.

More exciting news to come shortly on Nthusim 4.0 and website improvements.
BHawthorne

Postby elbo » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:20 am

This weekend would be a good day to play.
Any news on the ETA of the patch?
elbo

Postby BHawthorne » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:07 pm

I'm not a part of the programming staff. I can only inquire as to time frame. I've let Alex know about your request for ETA. From a non-programmer's perspective I interprit the version update as a non-trivial change to add in desktop and the Windows WDM updates. On the other hand the staff has the code for both features already in Immersaview Warp. I realize my answer is vague. The only thing I can do is pass on the requrest to staff that would have a better idea on ETA.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby elbo » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:58 pm

Thanks Brad,
I was just going fishing with my question, I know there is nothing that irritates developers more than the dreaded 'when' question.

cheers,
elbo
elbo

Postby BHawthorne » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:21 pm

BHawthorne

Postby BHawthorne » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:04 pm

BHawthorne

Postby elbo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:48 pm

Thanks for posting the update.
Much appreciated.
elbo

Next