Issues with z270 Chipset??

How to optimize games for NTHUSIM products.

Postby BHawthorne » Fri May 26, 2017 10:59 pm

I don't gray screen at all on my X99 GTX1080 setup that is Windows 10 creative update with WDM (desktop) mode disabled. All the other render pipelines work as they should in my testing. Maybe something else is conflicting that we haven't isolated out yet? WDM (desktop) will have to be fixed in Nthusim 4.2. The only stopgap measure is to turn WDM (desktop) off for now.
BHawthorne

Postby BHawthorne » Fri May 26, 2017 11:29 pm

Looking at the original post, it shows MSI Afrterburner. Is the overlay on that turned off? Anything that is an overlay that uses a similar injection method can conflict. Maybe it's been Afterburner at issue all the time?
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Sat May 27, 2017 4:15 pm

Well Besides when you run RivaTuner I don't see any overlay I can turn on in AfterBurner?? Do you mean just having afterburner running can cause a conflict??

I will try running with it oiff but what I been doing is before I shutdown turn off WDM and set it to start with WDM disabled when I reboot.. I dont have nThusim turn on at boot either I been manually starting that.. So far I have not gotten the grey screen issue..

Maybe I will try not having AB Run on Startup and have nThusim too..
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Sun May 28, 2017 3:26 am

The Afterburner/Rivatuner overlay shows the fps and temps in-game if you've configured it to do so. You can run them, just make sure the overlay part is turned off.

The overlay/injection things we need to be mindful of are typically used to overlay performance information in-game or inject in to capture video stream. So capture/encoders and temperature/fps read-out utilities you have to be mindful of. They use the same type of method Nthusim does and can conflict. YMMV and is subject to experimentation to make sure they don't conflict.
BHawthorne

Previous

Return to Game Settings