Elite Dangerous Horizons and nThusim plus win 10

How to optimize games for NTHUSIM products.

Postby The_Nephilim » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:48 pm

Hey Brad,

I ran into a issue with ED:Horizons and nthusim. when nthusim is running I can not start the game from the launcher.. it looks like it is going to start then the launcher just goes back to where you launch the game??
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:26 pm

Are you launching it via Steam? I'll try it on my setup later today.
BHawthorne

Postby BHawthorne » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:12 pm

Not 100% sure what is going on with ED. I just tried to launch it myself and the Play button briefly disappears and then reappears again. Problem is, it's happening with both Nthusim and not with Nthusim for me. I'll do some more testing this weekend on the title. At issue, they have 3 different methods of installing the game -- Steam, Oculus Play and the dev's own client launcher. At some point in the last month I've had all three versions installed on this machine. I need to work out that conflict before I can test against Nthusim later this weekend. Most likely will require uninstalling all versions and making sure any orphaned preference files are deleted then doing a clean install. Which version are you using?
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:13 am

I am using the dev release.. Glad to know it wasn't just me and my install of Win 10.. when I turn off nThusim it works as normal tho. weird for sure..
The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:30 pm

Well I was sitting here messing with some settings and was able to get ED Working altho short lived.. I am unsure why it briefly worked then stopped working but Ill keep looking for a fix..
The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:21 pm

Hi Brad,

A little update. I had a friend look at why ED was not working and here is what we did.

1. Turned on nvidia sound card in device manager (I had Disabled it)
2. Did some Windows Updates .

I was surprised it worked it seems to be fixed now. maybe see if you have the nVidia High Definition Audio Enabled.. I had it off so he turned it back on.. That and all we did was the Windows update..
The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:28 pm

Well maybe a placeholder effect, I tried rebooting and then ED did not launch again.. I am unsre what to do but when nThusim is running ED Will not Launch..

Not sure why it launched for a while there then stopped working again after a reboot.. I thought for sure it was the 1 Windows update I did that fixed it.. I will look forward to the new release of nThsuim..
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:27 pm

Not sure either on my end yet. I'll try again later tonight.
BHawthorne

Postby BHawthorne » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:50 pm

Do you happen to have the Nvidia Geforce Experience utility installed?

I noticed I had the beta version of Geforce Experience installed on my machine. It's a lot less intuitive on how to turn off the Geforce Experience overlay in preferences. Click the triangle icon that is just left of the gear icon. Make sure Instant Replay, Record, Play and Stream are all turned off. While still in the SHARE menu click the dual gear icon in the bottom right. Select Overlays. Select position "off". Select the X at the top right to close out the menu. Select the gear icon that is just right of the triangle icon. Under GENERAL on the left make sure SHARE is disabled.

Now on the chance that it's not Nvidia Geforce Experience's overlay conflicting I went into Nthusim's Tool menu and temporarily disabled DX9. It looks like the conflicting app might be the the Launcher, not the game. The launcher shows as a DX9 app under Nthusim diagnostics log, while the game is DX11. I was able to launch the game after I did both of those things. Not 100% sure if either effected it, but it seems to be working for me now.

Further testing needs to be done to ensure it's no longer effecting it and to narrow down exactly what change allows it to work now.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:34 am

No, I do not use GeFroce Experience.. I tried a few things and after a while some of the tinkering makes the game work but then it goes back to Not working.. I also tried disabling the DX9 in nThusim last night and it worked then after I shut off ED it did not run again..

I am unsure why it works then it don't, it is very weird..
The_Nephilim

Next

Return to Game Settings