prepar3dv3 compatibility with nthusim

How to optimize games for NTHUSIM products.

Postby tommy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:08 am

when running prepar3dv3 and Nthusim at same time prepar3dv3 doesn't work correctly. Uninstall Nthusim and prepar3dv3 works great....Nthusim worked with previous 700 series gpu....any suggestions
Win7pro...64 bit...(6.1 Build7601)...17-3770k [email protected] GHz...16384mb Ram directx 11 ...nvidia geforce 980...driver version 10.18.13.6143 (have tried different drivers)
running 3 HD1080p projectors from natvis
When starting Prepar3dv3 while Nthusim running..when I attempt to change vehicle to PMDG737..it wont let me and game loads itself without clicking on anything...but then nothing works correctly....remove Nthusim....all ok again.....HELP!!!!
tommy

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:31 pm

Initial thing would be to hop into the Tools menu of Nthusim and send me a copy of the diagnostics log. That'll help me diagnose what the blocker is on it working. I currently only have P3D 2.5 installed. I'll update to 3.0 in the next day or so in order to help diagnose things on my end. I'll use my Nvidia GTX770 machine, which should behave similar to your setup.
BHawthorne

Postby tommy » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:53 am

Ok....I figured out a fix for now...
Start Nthusim
Start Prepar3dv3
on opening Scenario Setup go to bottom left and click load....
on Load Scenario Page un-check default then click ok
Prepar3dv3 will then load terrain data
once terrain data loads...select your vehicle, world options.....then off you go

other tips per Nvidia support
press Windows Key + R together and type %temp% and press ok...in that window press Ctrl+A to select all files and folders..then press Shift +Delete to remove
them. (leave few files which you are not able to delete)
in windows search type in msconfig.exe....click selective startup...uncheck load startup items...click services tab...check hide all microsoft services box
click disable all...now re-enable only the Nvidia services...click ok...restart computer

open Nvidia control panel>3d settings>manage 3d settings>global settings
set these and click apply
a. power management mode-prefer maximum performance
b. vertical sync-off
c. threaded optimization-off
d.triple buffering-off
set these settings and click apply

turn off windows firewall and anti-virus (if any)
tommy

Postby BHawthorne » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:13 pm

Some of the suggestions seem a bit odd, like turn off firewall? Anti-virus false positive might be one thing at issue. Which anti-virus do you use?

Will attempt to reproduce the issue in the next day or so and walk through the potential solutions to see what seems to work.
BHawthorne

Postby tommy » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:41 am

Thanks Brad...i was just really happy to get all working and tried what Nvidia said. Im sure there is a much better way to get around this issue and am thankful for all suggestions
tommy

Postby BHawthorne » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:05 pm

I just saw P3D 3.1 is now out? Does that add any new changes or issues?
BHawthorne

Return to Game Settings