[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4744: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4746: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4748: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
NTHUSIM • View topic - Grid Shifting Issues..

Grid Shifting Issues..

How to optimize games for NTHUSIM products.

Postby The_Nephilim » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:07 am

The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:16 am

Ok, that a bit's a bit weird.

Within the Nvidia control panel, how do you have the aspect ratio settings set? There is a setting for the driver scaler or fixed. Might experiment with that to see if that is effecting the shifting.

Was that example with 3D Vision enabled? Initially it looks like 3D Vision starts up, then it breaks and the shift happens? Does it still shift if 3D Vision is turned off? It might be Nvidia Driver related.

My initial suggestion would be to go into settings and 100% make sure the resolution is native to the desktop resolution. I also remember ArmA II has two resolution settings. One for render and one for scaling %. Make sure both are set 100% to the desktop resolution.

Those would be the initial 3 toubleshooting things I 'd try.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:40 pm

OK I did check all the things you mentioned and started ArmA2:OA well the same thing happened.. I then try to set the AR in NCP and it still happened.

But this time when I started the game I watched to see what resolution the Projector said it was on and that is when I saw what might have been wrong. It stated it was at 75Hz, I thought that should not be and I refreshed the Projector and it was at 75HZ.

So I went into the game option menu and there is no where in there to be able to set the refresh rate.. but being the modder I am was familiar with Config files and I looked in the ArmA2:OA Config file and under refresh rate it was set at 75hz.. Voila I had found the problem but to be sure I fired up ArmA again and that seemed to have been the problem..

So the Refresh rate was set wrong in the game causing the alignment issues.. But it was funny I can not change the refresh rate in the Options Config menu ingame?? I will have too look at that again and see if I can set the refresh rate ingame..

But that is the fix for ArmA. I am going to go check my other games as well and make sure it is set at the correct refresh rate this could be a cause for other games as well..
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:22 pm

Interesting, never though same resolution different hz would effect things. I'll let Ed know it might be causing shifting issues.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:07 am

Well Having had a malfunction this morning and it looks like the color wheel is dead.. it shattered looks like Ill be with out a triplescreen setup for about 2-3 weeks while I get some funds for the wheel.. I bought a new 980GTX so funding for the month was spent on the new card ;)

unexpected this is I wish it had been the bulb as I had a few backup bulbs ;)
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:28 pm

With the recent changes to Nvidia drivers you could span dial-projector now if you wanted to for a bit. Not sure how you have your mounts setup though.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:35 pm

The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:14 pm

I've done 180 degrees before on dual-span. My 2013 screen was dual. It makes the view taller than triple span. THe only thing that bugs me about it is minor shifts in the blend are more noticable in the center of your view.
BHawthorne

Previous

Return to Game Settings