Grid Shifting Issues..

How to optimize games for NTHUSIM products.

Postby The_Nephilim » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:32 pm

Hey Brad,

I made a quick video of the Problem I am having in DCSW and all of the other games.. When I run the game and go into the 3D world I get a shift on the warp at the edges.. I can fix it easily on SWTOR by ALT+CTRL+DEL and then cancel out and it seems to reset to a perfect blend..

But with DCSW that does not happen as you will see in the video.. I am unsure what happens but when I get into the Cockpit the warp at the edges is off and I can not fix it.. Even If I get into the configure page and realign it when I go back into the Cockpit it is misaligned again..

I am unsure what goes on but as you see in the video when the game is loading you see a black screen then the blue menu pops up that is the part where I say it is like a hit resync on the Projector.. But it resets the alignemt or something and ingame it is off at the edges as you will see in the video..

If you need a better example Please let me know what you need to see or anything else of interest.. This is the best way I can explain it is to show the video.. Hopefully this will shed some light on the issue with 4.0.. Hopefully others having this issue will chime in on this thread I created for this problem..

Watch on youtube.com
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:40 pm

Says the video is private. I'll try to watch it later today. A video is definitely helpful. I can visualize what is happening that way.

Thanks,
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:09 am

Ok I see I can not make them private even if I share the link.. Here is the video shared:

Watch on youtube.com
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:44 am

Yep, private only allows you to watch it while unlisted allows link views.
BHawthorne

Postby BHawthorne » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:46 am

Hrrrm, make 100% sure your aspect ratio setting on the projectors are locked and not auto. It looks like it's shifting aspect ratio for some reason.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:33 am

Yes I just checked it is on 4:3 AR and Auto keystone is also OFF.. I am unsure why it does what it does but it is very frustrating..

Just a note it used to work fine with DCSW and v3.5 of nThusim..?
The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:29 pm

The_Nephilim wrote:Yes I just checked it is on 4:3 AR and Auto keystone is also OFF.. I am unsure why it does what it does but it is very frustrating..

Just a note it used to work fine with DCSW and v3.5 of nThusim..?

I do notice some issue when I have OpenGL on in the Graphics Correction under tools in nThusim?? What happens is it appears to reset the screen like I hit resync when the Blue popup shows and then back on and the grid is shifted.. This has happened a few times in different games..

If I turn OFF OpenGL under the Graphics correction this does not happen??
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:14 pm

Odd, possibly Nvidia has done something new in the driver to trigger the issue.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:52 am

Was wondering if there is anything I can try to fix these issues.. I just tried ArmA2 last night and the warping was broke there too.. I went to my old post and you had stated it was a bug any word on a possible fix for that bug??
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:37 am

The_Nephilim wrote:Was wondering if there is anything I can try to fix these issues.. I just tried ArmA2 last night and the warping was broke there too.. I went to my old post and you had stated it was a bug any word on a possible fix for that bug??

'll have to dig a bit to recall the issue with ArmA II. Last I tested it , it was working ok for me in 4.0.226. I don't recall if I was AMD or Nvidia during the testing though.

The aggressive changes by Microsoft in preparation for WIndows 10 and the aggressive changes taking place under the hood of video drivers from Nvidia and AMD in relation to VR and streaming are having random impact on existing Nthusim versions. I'm going to need to have to re-validate things again in short order to quantify just what is going on in some of these cases.
BHawthorne

Next

Return to Game Settings