[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4744: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4746: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4748: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
NTHUSIM • View topic - SWTOR Issues??

SWTOR Issues??

How to optimize games for NTHUSIM products.

Postby BHawthorne » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:09 am

Hrrrm, it gets pretty maddening to me when game developers do stuff like that which breaks things that have worked previously. The most blatant issue I've experienced was P3D 2 and menus. How is the issue exhibiting itself? CTD or just not warping?
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:12 am

the 3D Vision does not work?? weird huh?? it works fine when I run in FullScreen Windowed mode but not in fullscreen but it did work before the patch..
The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:11 pm

Well it appears NO Dx9 game is working in S3D in FullScreen mode..... I can run DX11 games fine with 3D Vision.. so something happened from earlier until now to mnake it stop working.. I backtracked and uninstalled a few Windows updates and even set back a restore nothing is working..

I was able to get SWTOR working in Windowed Fullscreen but when I run any DX9 game in Fullscreen Only S3D does not work..
If I turn Off nThusim the S3D works fine.. I am unsure what has happened to make it stop working.. :(

Do you think I should reinstall nThusim??
The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:41 pm

The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:44 pm

Have you updated Nvidia driver recently? Sounds like the core of the problem is a video driver change. A fix would be to systematically downgrade the driver till one works with DX9. Revert back one driver version at a time till one un-breaks the feature. That's going to be time consuming. It's important information that'll be useful though.

Before doing that try turning off the other injection-like settings on the Nvidia driver like the recording and streaming stuff. See if that is the conflicting issue. The more features Nvidia and AMD add to the drivers the more potential for conflict. I'm not a fan of the feature bloat in the last year from both brands. Both Geforce Experience and AMD Raptr are problems waiting to happen. I believe both do things like chat overlays, streaming injection and video recording injection. Any time they arbitrarily change things, it's a potential to break compatibility.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:09 am

well that is the thing I did not update NVidia drivers.. I am looking to see what was changed to when it did work until it stopped working..
The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:12 am

Well I did a full system image restore it still does not work.. I am really stumped because I thought for sure that would fix my problem.. I will continue to troubleshoot but not sure If I can get it working again..
The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:42 am

I just want to add that I am amazed how it can go from working to not working seemingly instantly.. I did not do anything before it broke and that is what perplexes me the most..

I am sure there is a solution or reason to why it stopped working but so far I am unable to track it down.. will keep working and I have put up some posts for someone to test this for me..
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:02 am

Microsoft, AMD and Nvidia definitely don't make things easy to retain consistency never mind random things game developers do sometimes for no apparent reason. It's why when I find a configuration that works I don't patch update Windows or my video drivers unless I encounter something game breaking in a new game title. Really, there is no ideal solution in some cases. If there is a way of directly addressing any game title I will work with Ed towards a solution. P3D 2 still comes to mind as something we never found an ideal solution for but on the other hand Steam overlay is something we actually did find a fix for in 4.0.X versions. So, battling incompatibility is a hit or miss sort of issue.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:47 pm

Well I am unsure where to go with this.. I did not do any updates or other and it appears to affect any DX9 game in FullScreen mode.. I am unsure why it worked one day and literally the next it did not.. If you remember I ran into this problem back in Jan. and just gave up..

I really don't understand what had happened I see the left image but the right image is not there.. the green light is lit on the emitter it just defies reason.. it is not the warping that broke but the 3D Vision..

So is there anything I can do to try and get this either fixed or any troubleshooting I can try??
The_Nephilim

PreviousNext

Return to Game Settings