wisptis.exe error with P3dv2.5

How to optimize games for NTHUSIM products.

Postby fredkura » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:21 pm

More often than not I am getting a "wisptis.exe" error displayed when Nthusim launches. I am using a 3 projector WideView setup + WV server (4 computers). The error appears on the WV clients. When this happens it takes much longer for P3D to launch and some display functionality is lost since the WV clients are frozen on "pause" (that is, the keyboard does not work to "un-pause" or to access menu options etc.). Never saw this with FSX.

Fred
fredkura

Postby BHawthorne » Fri May 01, 2015 4:59 am

Greetings,

Sounds like a new issue we've not encountered before. Is your configuration new, or was it previously working ok? Today I had the current test build land in my email box and I'm hard at work validating it for release. Right now is the ideal time to get in bug report specifics because we're doing a lot of bug test validation work right now on Nthusim 4.0.224.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby fredkura » Fri May 01, 2015 6:57 am

Brad -

This is a new build on all completely new computer hardware and software (using WIN 7). I only have P3D loaded so I do not know if it is an issue for FSX on the setup also. I did not see this issue at all with FSX on my old hardware.

Fred
fredkura

Postby BHawthorne » Fri May 01, 2015 12:58 pm

P3D 2.5? Which version of Nthusim is being used?

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby fredkura » Sat May 02, 2015 4:21 am

I am using 3 single computer Nthusim installations for 3 warped views plus another computer as the WV server.

Version 3.4.185.2520.

Windows 7

Interestingly enough......I have found that with the "Aero Peek" option disabled in the Windows task bar properties menu Nthusim has launched without any problems since. Is there any possible logical connection to that? Note: It just demonstrates the lengths a crazy flight simmer will go to fiddle with things to get it all to work!

Previously I was getting error messages that Nthusim could not launch properly and the wisptis.exe launch error notification. I could still launch PD3 but it would take much longer to load and there would be no keyboard response once running. The problem was intermittent but more than half the time.

I will run a few more flights over the weekend and report status.

Fred
fredkura

Postby fredkura » Sat May 02, 2015 7:31 am

Update: Unfortunately the "Aero Peek" disabling did not work in further flight trials. I still have the issue with Nthusim not launching properly.
fredkura

Postby BHawthorne » Sat May 02, 2015 10:34 am

Go into the Nthusim Tools menu and select the Diagnostics button. I'll see if I can diagnose it from the log. That might help.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby fredkura » Sun May 03, 2015 6:17 am

Hi Brad -

The thing is I cannot run the diagnostic tool when it happens.......I get a "notepad.exe" application error.

More info about the errors....

The launch problem happens about 60% of the time.

It seems to happen randomly on my WV clients....sometimes all 3 will work, sometimes 1 or more will not work, but the others will....sometimes 2 will not work....sometimes all 3 will not work.....it is not specific to any one client.

The error happens when I launch Nthusim....I will get a "Nthactivate.exe" application error notice. If I go ahead and click "OK" Nthusim will launch but I will get the "Wisptis.exe" application error. If I then click "OK" P3D will launch but it takes about twice as long and there are functionality problems once running on that client.

So something is blocking the launch of these supporting applications. All 3 clients are new hardware and a fresh WIN 7 install. I have no antivirus software running on these computers and firewall is turned off. Nthusim is the only application that behaves this way.

The problem is evident when I isolate the computer from the network as well.

Fred
fredkura

Postby BHawthorne » Mon May 04, 2015 6:29 am

Very odd. What anti-virus are you running? Sounds like anti-virus is interfering with Nthusim use on the machine.
BHawthorne

Postby fredkura » Mon May 04, 2015 8:41 am

Being that this is a dedicated network for my sim.....No antivirus programs are running and firewalls are disabled on all computers. I also have Nthusim on the list of "unblocked programs" just to be sure.

Windows updates are current since the computers are new hardware....perhaps some recent Windows update is interfering?

I cannot be sure but as mentioned above I sort of suspect it has something to do with the desktop task bar. I was able to get it fixed for a couple of days by fiddling with the Properties settings in the task bar....although I cannot understand how such would be related. The behavior reverted back anyhow of course, so perhaps it was just a random good behavior period.

It is odd that the problem is random and not specific to any one computer.

Again, all other applications launch fine....even the problem "notepad.exe" if I launch it outside of Nthusim.

Fred
fredkura

Next

Return to Game Settings