How to Deternine the correct FOV curved screen??

How to optimize games for NTHUSIM products.

Postby The_Nephilim » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:20 am

Hey All,

I am trying to determine how to determine the FOV for all my simulators such as F4 BMS and DCSW.. I have read tons of threads from google searches and even found this handy little tool:

http://www.rjdown.co.uk/projects/bfbc2/ ... ulator.php

Now with the tool it says I need a 142Degree FOV well in BMS that seems too much.. I was wondering with these custome screens we have which are rather large how do we go about determing the Proper FOV ingame for flight simulators??

Brad do you have any knowledge in this area of settings??
The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:32 am

The_Nephilim wrote:Hey All,

I am trying to determine how to determine the FOV for all my simulators such as F4 BMS and DCSW.. I have read tons of threads from google searches and even found this handy little tool:

http://www.rjdown.co.uk/projects/bfbc2/ ... ulator.php

Now with the tool it says I need a 142Degree FOV well in BMS that seems too much.. I was wondering with these custome screens we have which are rather large how do we go about determing the Proper FOV ingame for flight simulators??

Brad do you have any knowledge in this area of settings??

EDIT: I found a workaround and that is to get a known measurement of a cockpit part like a MFD dimension and go ingame and measure said part until I get the same dimension.. seems to be working good so far but I don't think there is an all in one solution but that FOV thing I posted gets it close..

So Far in the KA50 I am at 135FOV and in the F16 it is about 105fov.. I will need to obtain some more dimensions to get all my pits worked out..

I have the following dimensions Parts:

1. F16 MFD Inner dimension is 4.25"
2. KA50 Abris TV Outer dimension is 160mm or about 6.25"
3. A10C MFD Dimension same as F16..

I need the following planes:

1. SU27 MFD Dimension
2. F15 RADAR screen dimension..
3. SU25T Shkval dimension..
4. Huey center lower console outer dimension..

will look them up later right now im gonna go and watch TV!!
The_Nephilim

Return to Game Settings