Aion 3D Vision not working properly??

How to optimize games for NTHUSIM products.

Postby The_Nephilim » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:05 am

Hey Brad,

I am having some issues with Aion and getting 3D Vision to work.. I had tried using 3.4 of nThusim thinking it might be a 4.0 problem well neither worked..

I am unsure what happens but when I turn nThusim off and run Aion the 3D kicks in as it should.. The emitter turns on currently but the image is not doubled so no 3D...

I am not sure what is going on is there anything I can try.. I have the 340.52 drivers and it was sort of working not sure if Aion updated or what but it just stopped working all of a sudden??
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:16 am

I'm thinking it has to do with drivers after Nvidia Experience was released. Nvidia Experience is doing something odd behind the scenes interfering with things. It's part of the current delay in release of 4.0. Rolling back driver might be the best option at the moment. That sort of solution wouldn't help anyone with a 900-series card though.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:02 am

Hey Brad,

Small update I just installed the new NVidia drivers last night and I was able to get AION woring in Full screen mode. If you remember I was having issues and you reccomeneded that I run in Window Full screen. Well that works but last night for some wired reason when I switched to Full screen it worked as it should have..

I just tried it again and when I switch to full screen Aion does not warp.. I am unsure how ity worked last night but the difference in fluidity is amazing with full screen.. I was wondering if you had any thought s on why it did work in full screen but now it is not again??

I will try messing with it again later tonight..
The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:35 pm

I think I figured it out.. WEll I did reinstall 4.0 and when I run the game the initial screen is not in 3D so I went ahead and logged in and I was already in Fullscreen and it worked as it should.. I believe the key was just running it as it was and nothing was needed to do.. altho I thought since the first logon screen was not in3D it was not going t work but that does not matter as ehen I get into the game it is as it should be..

The fluidity of Aion in Fullscreen is really cool and since it is a 3D Vision ready game it looks amazing..
The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:26 pm

Well turns out the key was too Shut Down the Game Launcher after running the start game icon.. It seems to keep running in the backround and it was causing the issues as Brad said before in the other MMO's..

I would say if you have a Launcher running or some kind of game overlay to turn it off..I am glad I got that sorted
The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:53 pm

A small and Final update on this issue with the no warp properly in Aion.. Turns out it was Raptr which is a chat program that has an overlay and was causing all my problems in Aion.. I turned it off and it worked and to make sure it was Raptr that caused it I turned it back on an ingame The overlay was broke..

So I don't think it was Aions Launcher but Rapter the entire time.. I am glad I finally solved this issue I think for sure this time
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:47 pm

Yep, makes sense. Any screen overlays make for problems. I've asked the software engineers to look into dealing with the issue in 4.1 so we don't have to manually turn them off like we currently do. I'm hoping somethign can be done so Nthusim doesn't conflict in 4.1.
BHawthorne

Return to Game Settings