Nthusim and Flat Panels

Have questions about purchase or activation of NTHUSIM?

Postby Guest » Mon May 02, 2016 3:03 am

Will either version of Nthusim work with a collection of flat panels in a "wrap around" setup?

I have a 3-display setup for my P3D-based flight simulator that I'm currently treating as three individual 1920x1080 displays. The displays are physically arranged as left 45, forward, and right 45 displays. The current generation of GPUs and CPUs doesn't quite keep up with driving 3 individual displays at good frame rates in P3D, but, curiously, seems to keep up fine if those displays are combined into a single virtual display (via Nvidia Surround, for example). The problem there, of course, is that the edge distortion is horrible. Can Nthusim (either version) fix the distortion?

-M.

Postby BHawthorne » Mon May 02, 2016 10:15 am

By three individual displays, do you mean projectors?

No matter what you do, if you want correct camera visuals, you need to do camera slices in P3D configuration file. You can do this using a Nvidia Surround span and then setting up multiple undocked camera windows within P3D. This isn't something specific to warp-blend software. It's specific to the simulation engine. Barrel/fisheye distortion can only be corrected internal to the simulation being run. In X-Plane, FSX and P3D they handle it via custom camera settings internal to the simulation. Nothing outside the simulation is going to fix that issue. What warp software does is calibrate the flat projection to the screen geometry and blend the multiple projector edges together seamlessly.
BHawthorne

Postby Guest » Tue May 03, 2016 1:24 am

OK, I understand -- thanks for the explanation.

-M.

Return to Purchase, Activation & Account Support