New User! Windows 10

Have questions about purchase or activation of NTHUSIM?

Postby fsxdammi » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:39 am

Hi there i have ordered the Software right now and wanna know if its working with windows 10?

Before i buy this NTHUSIM i used the Immersive Pro. But it is impossible to set it up that is why i bought this one here. Thx for answers.

Mario from Germany.
fsxdammi

Postby fsxdammi » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:41 am

Oh my God...I see that NTHUSIM is not working on Win10 like i read the Post above. I have transfered the money at the moment. Please dont say it is the truth!!!!!!! I dont wont to pay a second time for a software that dont works.....
fsxdammi

Postby BHawthorne » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:18 am

Greetings,

Microsoft did some changes between Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 where they change how the Windows desktop render pipeline works. We have the Windows desktop pipeline warping in Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 currently with Nthusim Plus 4.0.226 version build, but we're still implementing Windows 10 desktop mode. Windows 10 partially works with Nthusim 4.0.226. Currently DirectX 7, DirectX 8, DirectX 9, DirectX 10.1, DirectX 11 and OpenGL 32-bit and 64-bit pipeline render modes are functional while launching game titles in fullscreen mode. What isn't functional yet is WDDM 2.0 and DirectX 12 render pipeline. If the software title you require use of does not require WDDM 2.0 or DirectX 12 you should be ok. We should have a total solution for Windows 10 in April for a free version update.

What is your target application for Nthusim? From your username I'm assuming your target application is FSX? In Windows 10 the menu system when FSX is launched will not warp in Windows 10 but once in flight in full-screen mode it'll work fine. That isn't ideal, but should work till we have Nthusim 4.1 released in April.

Are you the boxed version of FSX or the newer FSX:SE Steam version? If you are using Steam, make 100% sure the Steam "In-Game" overlay is disabled. It conflicts with Nthusim. To turn it off, launch the Steam client. "Steam" menu -> "Settings" -> "In-Game" -> make sure the "Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game" option is unchecked.

On a side note, I wish Microsoft would quit tinkering with the WDDM desktop render pipeline in WIndows 10. It breaks things when they arbitrarily change render pipeline mechanics.

The most current 4.0.226 build can be downloaded from: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-Il4 ... TV0V0JxejQ

If you have any questions let me know.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Return to Purchase, Activation & Account Support