Cant login

Have questions about purchase or activation of NTHUSIM?

Postby JuanEnrique82 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:48 am

Hi there and thx for all your hard work!

I downloaded the "early access" software for HMD´s, but i cant seem to login. it says the user/password combination is incorrect. i even changed passwords without any luck yet...... maybe i need to wait a bit ?

any hint would be appreciated
thx again
JuanEnrique82

Postby BHawthorne » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:58 am

Greetings, I'll check on my end to make sure the license server isn't down. It should be up and working.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby BHawthorne » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:07 am

I just installed and activated on my setup, so I know the server is up and running. Looking at your account you show a license assigned but not used yet. Are you using the installer linked in viewtopic.php?f=4&t=76 ?

The utility license uses the same username and password as you use on the website. Make sure you're using build 2556. The older ones are obsolete.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby JuanEnrique82 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:28 am

hmmm

yes indeed i got the program from the PM you sent me after the purchase.
program is installed and works in evaluation mode.
when i click on "activate permanently", i enter my login name "JuanEnrique82"
and the password i use to enter this website here, yes....
i logged off here just to see if im using the right password, and HERE on the webpage it works

:(

maybe patience ?
JuanEnrique82

Postby BHawthorne » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:37 am

It should be immediately activated. I'll check some things on the server end.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby BHawthorne » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:43 am

Checking the server logs it shows 34 failed attempted activations between 2013-12-21 16:36:57 and 2013-12-21 17:39:39. You sure you have your password correct?

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby JuanEnrique82 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:53 am

i am NOT using the very first password the site provided me with.
i reset the password once...... login didnt work.
THEN changed it to one of my personal passwords. login doesnt work either

:(

i am able to login on to the site but not via the activation.
MY thought is that its wanting the very first password ?
JuanEnrique82

Postby BHawthorne » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:10 am

I'll test it on my end by resetting my own password and checking if the new password updates on the activation server.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby JuanEnrique82 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:22 am

copy that.

thx a lot btw for the quick response.
at this point im really hoping for the problem to NOT be at my end ;)
again, thx

if i just may add..... already, the evaluation copy is doing wonders to my oculus experience.
things are working that have never worked before.
LOVE the "easy to use" interface.
i can change settings and alt tab back and forth between 3d apps and your program.

im glad i made this decision cause there are other programs coming out of everywhere on the net
and the choice making wasent easy. gotta love early access stuff
JuanEnrique82

Postby BHawthorne » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:54 am

No problem. I try and be pretty prompt when people are having issues. :)

I just tried it on my end and it worked, but I also did a couple of things I don't normally do. We'll try these things on your end.

First we'll uninstall Nthusim HMD. Run the installer and select the uninstall option. Once completed go to the next step.

Next thing we'll go into the control panel and into "Folder Options".

Open "Folder Options", then select the "View" tab.

Under "Hidden files and folders", set to" Show hidden files, folders, and drives".

That allows us to see some of the hidden folders.

Close out the control panel and open a Windows Explorer file window for your C: drive.

With hidden folders now showing you should now see a "ProgramData" directory. Open that folder.

You should now see an "ABAS Labs" directory. This is the common directory Immersaview uses the house their licenses. Delete the "ABAS Labs" directory. A bit of useless trivia -- ABAS Labs is what Immersaview used to be called before 2007. It's Andy Boud and Alex Streit's initials. :)

Exit back to your C drive.

Go into the User directory and enter into your account directory. Within that directory you should be able to now see a directory called "AppData" this was also unhidden with the folder option we did earlier. In this directory is often preference files and program caches.

Open the "Local" directory. There should be an "Nthusim" directory there. This is the directory that is used to house Nthusim preference and configuration files. You can go ahead and also delete it too.

What we did was uninstall, remove any license file and any configuration files. This should remove all potential conflicts.

Now go ahead and run the installer again then attempt to activate. Let me know how things go.

My guess is something old from a previous early access build was conflicting with activation. Maybe the license from early access.
BHawthorne

Next

Return to Purchase, Activation & Account Support