Nephilims Virtual Simulator..

Document the build progress for your screen or computer setup.

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:26 pm

My W1070 is down at the moment too. Had a bulb blow. Ran it for 12,000 hours before it went. Should of replaced it long ago. Have a new lamp assembly slow boating it from china at the moment.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:58 pm

Hey Brad,

I just ordered my Color Wheel from Sweden. I am wondering why none of these parts are able to be ordered from the USA?? Hopefully the boat from Sweden is a bit quicker then from China as that is the only other place I can get it from..

Pretty weird but whatever it takes.. IF these people come through I found my new goto place for parts for a while vs ebay..
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:44 am

Got my lamp assembly today. I always find it silly how companies declare the import value of things. They claim $10 value. Makes me wonder if they truly only have $10 in these things.
BHawthorne

Postby BHawthorne » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:38 pm

Man, that new bulb smell is like hot electrical. Think I'll burn in this bulb in the living room, not in my room. Other than the new bulb smell it's working great. I'm excited to get my 10x8 full wall working again in my room for watching netflix and amazon prime. Will make a good target for testing Nthusim Standard 4.1 in April to calibrate to the full wall.

It's a shame the W1070 isn't 120hz 3D. I want to use my 3D Vision Kit on a setup again. I have 2 emitters, 5 version 1 glasses and 1 version 2 glasses. I think I still have one good GT720 I could use for 3d Vision Kit use, but I'm not anxious to revert back to 800p after using 1080p the last two years now. Just wish there was a viable option for 3d gaming and the Benq W1070 and Optoma GT1080's.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:11 pm

Well I had gotten the color wheel sometime ago and all is good again.. I just wanted to let you know Brad that nThusim works with 3D vision in Dx9 games in Singlescreen mode. when I run in triplescreen mode the 3D Vision does not work and I see only the left image but the 3d vision emitter is on..

So something weird with the triplescreen environment and nThusim with 3D Vision.. I was wondering if there is any word on a fix for this issue??
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:10 pm

Switching from single projector to triple projector points towards something broken in the Nvidia driver. If Nthusim is working on single projector, it should be working on triple. I'll let the Australia office know someting odd is going on with 3D Vision kit though.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:53 am

Well it should but it does not for some strange reason.. I would hope it is something they can fix as I am unable to play F4 BMS 4.33,1 and FSX as of now.. I was wondering is Arma2 a DX 9 game I will try that title and see if it works. if it does it could mean something I think??
The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:54 pm

Hey Brad, I have a small update. I tried running ArmA2:OA and when I disabled DWM in nthusim the 3D Vision kicked in but the warping was broke.. I tried the same thing in F4 BMS but it was still broke..

So it is interesting that in ArmA2 the 3D Vision kicked in when I turned off Desktop warping?? so maybe there lies the problem and I am hoping it can get fixed soon..
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:18 am

I'm going to have to do some experimentation. We're getting ready to push Nthusim 4.1 out in the next few weeks with Windows 10 compatibility. These bug fixes might not make it in till we patch 4.2. Either way I'll look into it. I think Nvidia is changing things around again with all the new VR stuff they're putting in the driver. That could be at issue. The most immediate idea that comes to mind is reverting back to an older driver when it still worked right. That might make for a temporary solution while we figure out what Nvidia is doing differently on the driver level.

In related news, I just replaced my GTX770 2GB with a GTX980ti 6GB card. It should help me test against more current hardware issues.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:34 am

OK Hopefully it gets fixed soon.. I don't remember when it did work I may try looking back at some older posts to see or get an idea when it did work last..

that new 980Ti is a monster card I think it will server you well.. let me know how it works out with DCS..
The_Nephilim

PreviousNext

Return to Project Build Logs