[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4744: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4746: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4748: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
NTHUSIM • View topic - Nephilims Virtual Simulator..

Nephilims Virtual Simulator..

Document the build progress for your screen or computer setup.

Postby The_Nephilim » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:15 am

Wow Impressive Most Impressive.. WEll I doubt I could make it hat big.. I am still thinking go bigger at this point now do I want a Curved screen or like I have know..

I can only use 3 Projectors tho as I use NVidia 3D surround.. Do you know of anybody using screen material for their setups??

I would love to make mine a bit more bigger. What should I look for to do something like your and Flims setup, I figure short throw to help make the bigger eimages at shorter distances.. I am limited to what I have know I have 3 Acer X1261P's.

I will have to find out the throw rate on these things but for me the 3D is a must.. I am not up on throw rates and all so Is there anysites you know of that explain all this info??

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Acer-X1261P.htm
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:22 pm

Here is the calculator on that particular projector. It looks to be a long throw not short though.
http://www.projectorcentral.com/Acer-X1 ... or-pro.htm

I use Rose Brand Tendo screen fabric on my setup. I don't really like it though. It bows forward under tension several inches with a screen my size.

Ideally you want to find projectors with a lens throw between 0.72:1 and 0.49:1. 1:1 lens throw means that for every 10 foot distance the projection width is 10 foot wide. For example with my 0.72:1 Optoma GT720's for every 7 foot I get a 10 foot wide projection. A 0.49:1 projector would only use 5 foot distance to throw a 10 foot wide projection. The shorter the lens throw ratio the closer a projector can be to the wall to make the same size. Also the shorter the lens throw the more you need to worry about the screen radius. Really short lens throw and really small screen radius makes for a lot of distortion that needs to be corrected. It's also why I don't use 0.49:1 projectors on my current screen.

There are no hard set rules or guide to this stuff though. It's mostly been made up via trial and error with customer experiences over the last 5 years. I used to believe in triple-projector no smaller radius than 6-7 foot, but now I'm using dual-projector and 5 foot radius. Through both of those I still believe 800p projectors should not project taller than 60" or the pixel size gets too ugly. My main thought process on dual projector is less hardware to deal with and less cost, but with you needing Nvidia 3D Vision it'll require 3 projectors.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:02 pm

Hi Brad,

Would you recommend 2x 720p projectors vs 2x 1080p?

Is there much of a noticeable difference? I would like to do a warp screen with 2x projectors but as you know, 1080p ST projectors are still prohibitively expensive (however the BenQ W1080ST is getting more affordable).

The other issue is will one graphics card (I have a 660 TI) be able to run 2x1080p pixels?

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:05 am

BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:22 pm

Hi,

I ran into a setback on my pit.. I received the new Projector today and after some hours trying to get 2D Surround working I finally got it working. I then went to run nVidias 3D Vision wizard and it went into a resolution my Projector was not able to handle and either the DVI Port is dead or stuck in a mode I cant or don't know how to get it out of..

Does anybody here use nVidias 3D Vision with Projectors at 3072x768 rez?? I really need to find out how to reset the vid card or did I pork it.. Also If I can get it working again I need to figure out how to stop the wizard from going into such a High resolution??

Arghh Set back again..
The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:10 pm

I found a solution I had to disable the 3D Vision in the Projector and was able to get the screen to appear.. I then modified the registry to enable the 3D vision and voila a Triplescreen setup that works..

Heck and it only took 12 hours to setup ;)
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:58 am

Ack, sorry about the delay in seeing this. Yep, I'd typically just boot into safe mode and registry clean after a video driver uninstall. Nvidia 3D Vision Surround is very picky with settings. Finding good working display.inf for 3D Vision was something that annoyed me the most. I had to dig around the internet for good working examples. It's something I feel Nvidia has never implemented right in their 3D Vision certification process. If something is 3D Vision certified we should be able to go to a site and just download the working display.inf file to use.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:16 pm

Well what I was having and still am having trouble with is that the drivers are selecting a resolution my monitors do NOT support or just barely in the case when running triplescreen..

It is defaulting to 4800x1200 which is the MAX I can support but when I run the 3D Wizard it goes too 1920 x 1080 and these projectors can NOT go that high..

I contacted support on both chat and called the main Office in California which was fruitless.. I did learn one cool trick but forget the key combo to get the screen to move from one monitor to the other when triplescreens run but you can only see the 1 screen..

I finally got it running but took near 12 hours of off and on messing with the setup.. I still need to find out why the NVidia drivers want to select the MAX res and not my Native res, do you have any thoughts or ideas on that??''
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:20 am

No insight other than Eyefinity has the same issue of wanting to try and default to 3840x1080 instead of 2560x800 that I want. Neither Nvidia nor AMD are good about this stuff.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:39 am

OK thnx..

EDIT: I reread the thread thnx for the suggestion on screen material.. but I have a question do they make MDF in 1/4" sheets??

Also does nThusim support DX11??
The_Nephilim

PreviousNext

Return to Project Build Logs