Nephilims Virtual Simulator..

Document the build progress for your screen or computer setup.

Postby BHawthorne » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:17 am

I had the same issue with my GT720's 2 went bad that way. On a brighter note, you can purchase those lens parts on ebay. At issue is that over time it'll happen again with them. Consumer projectors are using cheap plastic lenses. I need to fix 2 of my GT720's like that. I've gotten one of the lens kits from ebay with replacement parts, but I've not messed with them yet as I have my GT1080s now.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:59 am

Hi Brad,

Been a while I guess you have been busy ;)

Anyhow I was wondering are those 720s a 720P PRojector that are NVidia 3D Certified??

Also since Win 10 is getting released any word on if nThusim works with Win 10??
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:34 am

Yep, I've been knee deep in training and staffing at National Emergency Services Academy. First week I got certified for Mission Scanner and Airborne Photographer. Second week I was the Public Affairs Officer. We did 650 air sorties over the last two weeks with no major incidents. Was crazy busy, but fun. I'm back at home now and can refocus on Nthusim stuff again.

The GT720 is a Nvidia 3D Vision Kit certified projector. It's why I still have them sitting around. The GT1080 is a better projector in many ways (minus the S3D) though.

WDDM 2.0 (Win 10) is on the to-do list for both Nthusim and Immersaview Warp. Right now it looks like a 2 month backlog before that's going to happen. Immersaview has VADAAR feature implementation going on at the moment. I'm a bit weary about adopting Win 10 right at release, but I'm anxious to get away from Win 8.1 as fast as I can. As usual, Win 7 is the best for Nthusim until we have WDDM 2.0 implemented.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:40 am

Well I had a few things break last week. My Projectors Color wheel went kaput as did my 980GTX I had 2 so at least I had a backup.. Sent the 980GTX to eVGA with the RMA and hopefully will get a new one back ASAP..

I also was waiting to get some money to buy the color wheel and my sister went ahead and ordered it for me Cool, I should get that by Tuesday.. It will not take long to fix it just a few screws and a wire ort 2 then the cover and inseet the bulb again. I can then screw it back onto the mount and it should be golden..

I can't wait because DCSW 1.5 Beta came out and I was curious to see the performance with 2 cards and triple screens with 3D Enabled ;)
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:17 pm

Yep, DCS World 1.5 is working really well once I got past a few initial issues. It got a bit bugged on me. Initially, I had a black screen when I started. Fixed that by wiping the previous install from the machine and running 1.5 in admin mode. There are a few of my aircraft add-ons that don't work yet also.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:53 am

Well I received the color Wheel today and installed it this afternoon all is good in Nephilims world especially with DCSW 1.5 ;)
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:06 am

Awesome. I still need to swap in 2 new light tunnel lenses on my old GT720's to get them up and working again. My GT1080s are doing fine though. Awhile back i picked up a new 3D Vision Kit 2 for cheap on the EVGA forums. I want to see how it compares to the version 1 glasses.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:05 am

Well I have another condenser lens on the fritz.. there is a black spot on the center of the screen and it looks to be steady out by now not sure but it may get worse.. I will be able to order a new one but it comes from China and it will take 2 weeks to deliver..

I tried to find a glass one but I needed to know specs I don't have available like focal length and such shame as they seems cheaper and where glass ones..
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:11 am

Yep, those condenser lenses are what is wrong on 2 of my GT720's. Makes me think dust gets on them and the dust effects their ability to handle the heat and they discolor.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:44 am

Well Brad I do believe I found my Problem.. I had wrote up a post over at fixyourdlp.com and a guy there states it was probally the bulbs fault.. they make 2 types an E22 and a P22 the P22 is parabolic and distributes the rays all over the E22 are more of a direct ray..

I checked the old bulbs and I think they are the E22 typres OOPPSSSS!!!! I am emailing a new company to find out if the bulbs they have are the E22 or P22 types.. I am definitely going to be buying new biulbs as soon as I find out if they are the correct ones.. this new place has the correct bulbs but at 144 o pop I am trying to get the cheaper Barre bulbs for half price.. but if they are not P22's it is a no go but I think the housed ones are OEM..
The_Nephilim

PreviousNext

Return to Project Build Logs