Nephilims Virtual Simulator..

Document the build progress for your screen or computer setup.

Postby BHawthorne » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:38 am

If I was doing a simpit that was bubble canopy like a fighter I'd do a CAVE setup. Problem with CAVE is it makes the visual system very proprietary to flight sims. I'd do one like Flim's multi-projector room that he did videos of for DCS World.

Also, I'm pushing Alex to have Nthusim 4.1 or 4.2 be up to 5 projectors so full CAVE can be done.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:06 am

Yes I sen Flims setup very nice but will it work with F4 BMS?? Like you said it will probally not work with other games as you know I like to play LOTRO, ESO and Aion as well and I doubt they would work with a cave type system..

I am in Contact with some Optics companies trying to get a decent price on a mirror.. I am working on sourcing a mirror the rest I think I could DIY with help from the company I am in contact with.. they could make the secondary screen needed from fiberglass which could be an option it is all going to come down to how much they want for some surplus mirrors they have..

I am patiently waiting for the price I am either going to be shocked or get a good deal I can only hope it will be a good deal and they just want to at least get back their initial investment on making these mirrors the old customer backed out of..

I don't see whay a collimated screen would not be what I am after from what I have read..
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:30 pm

Yep, that is the problem with CAVE. It essentially locks you down to only a handful of titles. It's also why I've always dual or triple-projector curved screen. It's been the most generic solution to multi-projector gaming.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:53 am

Hi Brad,

I have been busy rebuilding my PC Software side as I had gotten a ransomware and it really sucked.. Well I have been patiently waitng for a fix for nThusim and was wondering if any release is soon to be had??

This has been very frustrating not being able to use nThusim since it broke.. I hope to hear some good news and looking bavk it seems 4.0 has been looking to come out from some years now with no sign of a release I may have to find another solution..
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:08 am

Ed is fixing the FSX:SE crash issue and the edge blend brightness levels bug at the moment.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby BHawthorne » Fri May 01, 2015 5:03 am

A quick update, a new build jsut dropped into my mailbox today and I'm testing 4.0.224. We're currently bug hunting right now to get this in good shape. It was a good B-day present with the new build arriving today. Alex and I are itching to get 4.0 to public in the next week or so. We have a DX9/DX9ex pipeline bug we need to squash and double check the other existing bug report bugs are all squashed. Today is Nvidia validation testing and tomorrow is AMD validation testing.

My hope is to have good news for those that have been waiting shortly.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Fri May 01, 2015 10:51 am

Well hopefully we can get this in Our mailboxes soon too.. I am sure there are a few users here who are pateintly waiting as well ;)

Good to hear look forward to the release..
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Fri May 01, 2015 1:00 pm

Agreed, I've been sitting on my hands for too long now waiting for them to find a solution for some of the issues. I'm a bit impatient myself. It was a happy thing to wake up and have that sitting in my email in-box today though. :)
BHawthorne

Postby BHawthorne » Tue May 12, 2015 9:17 am

New build freshly compiled. 4.0.226. Should address edge blend profile issues and adding fixes for 14 game titles. Currently validation testing it tonight. We're seeing a lot of activity on the programming side. So far 2 test builds in two weeks time.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby BHawthorne » Tue May 12, 2015 2:47 pm

Just confirmed the edge blend bug is squished. Tested edge blend with a 2x1 span. Next testing with a 3x1 span.
BHawthorne

PreviousNext

Return to Project Build Logs