Nephilims Virtual Simulator..

Document the build progress for your screen or computer setup.

Postby BHawthorne » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:46 am

Will do. So far I'm really impressed with the GTX980ti. It's taken everything I've thrown at it without a hiccup in framerate.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:59 am

yes I bet it has no troubles.. on a side not I installed the 347.52 drivers which used to work but they don't work either. it must be something in the new version of nThusim..

I hope we can get the fixed whatever the problem is and I can use nthusim with F4 BMS 4.33u1 and Arma2 in 3D Again..
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:19 am

Is it something that changed between 3.4 and 4.0? I'll ask to see what they're doing different between the two. My initial thought would be something WDM (desktop) mode related.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:26 am

I am just reporting what is working and what is not.. I tried the older drivers and If it was the drivers it should have worked.. I am unsure what was changed in 4.0 from 3.5 but it could be something that was changed for the newer drivers..

I was wondering do you think I should try 3.5 afgain to see what happens?? I won't do it unless I have a vlaid activation in case I get deactivated so I'll wait until you give me the green light to try it.. If not then I will just wait until you guys see what broke it..

Thnx again Brad!! ;)
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:02 am

Switching between versions I don't think triggers license change. It's change in hardware and Windows install. Either way I'll try it out.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:34 am

OK Looking forward to your Findings..
The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:58 am

Well I had another color wheel go out today.. I am experimenting with just 2 projectors which so far seems to be working good.. If this works out I may just use 2 all the time.. cheaper and les parts to go bad..

I am looking for a new 1280x720 NVidia cetified 3D Vision proj. I did see 1 new one listed at NVidia I am going to look into for future reference but for now this will work out just fine I think..

Glad NVidia allowed us to use just 2 projectors for surround now.. will definitely cut costs of such a setup.. now I have 1 projector for spare parts ;)
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:57 pm

I'm interested to see what new 800p 3D Vision certified projectors are out there. I've simply not looked over the current market offering in awhile now. I recall Optoma was dabbling around with LED based projectors that did S3D in the ZX212ST. Not sure if anything newer was out yet on that front though. My next projector I really want to go DisplayPort and LED bulb if at all possible.

The thing about dual-projector is the FOV aspect ratio is taller. I like that personally. It's why I used it for a few years. 4k is almost into it's 4th generation of LCD tech now. I'm just itching to see a consumer level 4k projector finally arrive. It's almost as though the projector manufacturers ignore LCD display trends though.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:05 am

Well from what I have seen there are NO NEW 3D Vision Projectors.. I have seen a newer 3D TV Play kind on the website but not for 3D Vision.. this is bad..
The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:28 pm

Hey all,

I had some good news last night since this last post I been casually looking for any word on new 3D Vission DLP Projector possibilities..

Well last night I scowered the new and searched Google for about 2 hours and I think I hit the jackpot. I found a post over at the GeFroce froums with a guy who said he got a new DLP PRojector the Acer H5380BD to work with a EDID hack and it works in 3D vision..

Well this Projector was released in 2014 and they are still selling them Brand New, I am thinking of getting 2 of them soon hopefully.. Once I get them I will see for sure if they wrok. but first I am going to PM the guy that said it worked with 3D vision perfectly..

Well this will be good news for me as these Acers I currently use are near 6 years old already.. this could be a blessing in disguise..

Looking forward to see what the guy from GeForce Forums says..
The_Nephilim

PreviousNext

Return to Project Build Logs