[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4744: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4746: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4748: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
NTHUSIM • View topic - Nephilims Virtual Simulator..

Nephilims Virtual Simulator..

Document the build progress for your screen or computer setup.

Postby The_Nephilim » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:18 am

The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:52 pm

I've used ply, MDF and masonite all three in different screen builds before in the past. Just need to make sure the surface is smooth and consistent. Might have to tape and mud the joints as needed before painting.

Nthusim works with Vista, Win 7, Win 8 and Win 8.1 both 32 bit and 64 bit with the DirectX 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 32 and 64-bit pipelines.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:29 pm

OK sounds good I may go with some MDF 1/4".. I do have another small problem I was wondering if nThusim would be affected..

When I run a game the projectors do what seems like a reset and sometimes the screen will be off alignment horizontally..

I just tried aligning it and got it near perfect then started rFactor and when I was ingame the alignemt was off.. I came back out and when I checked the windows desktop alignment it was off too..

Now the only way I see I can correct this is with the Resync button on the remote. but I need to do each projector individually to get them to sync back to the correct alignment..

Now I know you use projectors to does this happen to your PRojectors or if I run nThusim will it keep the correct alignment when running my games??
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:46 pm

Windows desktop pre-warp is something going into Nthusim 4.0. Immersaview first implemented it in 2010 with SimVisuals, but it's only now making it into the Nthusim codebase. The key thing limiting Nthusim from being truly universal is desktop mode. Thankfully, that limitation will be addressed soon.

Be mindful of in-game resolution. If it shifts to something different than the resolution you calibrated with, the pre-warp will look all wrong. Your pre-warp configuration is a resolution dependent setting. If you need different calibrations for different reolutions, there is the option to load and save config files via the tool menu. Also, be mindful that unregistered, the utility works on a 10 minute demo mode. You'll have to close out the utility and reopen it every 10 minutes. It's fully functional other than that though.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:00 am

Wow I just saw the true worth of this program and even more so know then ever..

I am having trouble with the projectors going out of alignemt when running my games it gets all out of sync.. Well I just reinstalled the evaluation copy I have of nThusim and configured it well I went into the game and Voila it was all aligned perfectly..

Now I am getting excited about my current setup again there is hope for what I thought I was going to have to live with. that was an unaligned game very distracting..

Well I plan on getting this software it is a HIGH Priority at this point.. I see before I never had that problem with my screen. altho I had to manually adjust the projectors alignment by hand but it never resynced like these new projectors do and kept the alignment pretty close..

Well this has all changed with the new Acer X1261P Projectors.. which in it self is not a bad thing but when you have 3 and they all sync at different stages it kinds of throws things out of wack..

Wel hopefully in Jan or Feb next year I will purchase this software.. so I need to get to designing a new screen..

Brad any news on when you will release your Plans for your setup screen??
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Yep, projector mounts being rigid really determine just how low maintenance a build is. If you constantly have to be tinkering with projector fine tuning it can get pretty frustrating. With Nthusim if the alignment is only a few pixels off you can simply shift-cursor key a whole projection pre-warp grid at a time back into place, then fine tune a few of the control points that might still be off. That takes all of 2-3 minutes to fix vs constantly having to nudge the projectors around manually -- which can only make things worse by loosening up the projector mounts even further. I take a very hands off approach with my projectors. They're mounted as rigid as possible and I never touch them to turn them on or off. All is done through a remote.

It's still a priority. I just don't like the screen material I'm using on it. My true goal at the moment is to reign in some of the website issues here and come up with something more informative overall with the site. At the moment the site is really disjointed. The screen plans could fit into a section of whatever layout we end up using for the site turns out to be. With the new site design we'll need content to put into it. I'd like to roll out the new site design and content with the release of Nthusim 4.0.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:35 pm

OK sounds good just will have to wait out till Jan.

On a Side Not I would like to start with the ScreenBuild.. I see in some other threads you mentioned a ScreenCalculator is this the one you are referring too:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Acer-X1 ... or-pro.htm

I am tryting to determine the best Curved screen dimensions for my setup..

EDIT: I found this handy Calculator for Radius:

http://www.handymath.com/cgi-bin/rad2.cgi

I have 3 Acer X1261P with a total res. of 3072x768 with a 590GTX Video card..
The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:06 pm

The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:50 am

The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:32 pm

The_Nephilim

PreviousNext

Return to Project Build Logs