[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4744: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4746: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4748: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
NTHUSIM • View topic - Warp and blend software for curve screens

Warp and blend software for curve screens

Document the build progress for your screen or computer setup.

Postby windturbin » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:22 am

windturbin

Postby BHawthorne » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:40 am

Looks like a fun sim. WWII fighter setup?

Immersaview and Nthusim use the same core. That being said, In February-March Immersaview is adding another software engineer, so we should be seeing some new progress to things. Right now Nthusim 4.0 development is a bit stalled because of manpower being put on VADAAR development. It's where Immersaview is currently making their main income from. I've gotten the OK from management to push a new agenda that involves some vary major changes in Nthusim. Part of that will be rendering quality improvements.

My guess is that you're using Nthusim 3.4 for testing. 4.0.226 is a better basis to try things out. Blending should work just fine in demo mode. Are you sure you downloaded the Plus version? Standard is only for single projector use. 4.0 also adds WDDM desktop mode. I'm not overly happy with the rendering quality of text on WDDM mode though, so I'm pushing for an improvement of that in upcoming additions.

The current development version of 4.0 can be downloaded from:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-Il4 ... TV0V0JxejQ

I'm curious, could you set your projectors to splash the default blue no-signal on the screen and photograph it? It'll better help me understand how much of the projection is splashing outside the usable screen area. That'll help me better evaluate the mounting location for your setup.

Random thoughts on warp software. Could you work with us to make a short list of what you like and dislike about warp software? Part of the new features under development can be directly influenced by feedback right now. User interface, the configuration mechanics and tutorial instructions are all subject to change based on any feedback you'd like to give. Ultimately, unless we make something people want, noone is going to buy it. Therefore, giving feedback will better help us towards that goal.

Thanks,

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby windturbin » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:25 pm

windturbin

Postby BHawthorne » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:04 pm

Looks like a fun setup! What sims do you fly? Awhile back before I got my F-84F fuselage section, I purchased P-51 blueprint CD set from ebay. For awhile I was going to go WWII too. Ended up going 50's era instead though. There are so many interesting options out there for WWII sim content. Not too much out there for 50's era for me unfortunately though. How did you go on the instrumentation? Hard to tell from the picture, but looks like you are using some gauge kits? I need to go that direction myself with my F-84F with all the gauges in it.

Given the layout, your projector mount locations look pretty optimized. No matter what you do, you're going to lose some of the pixels outside the calibration area. Theoretically, you could lower the projectors a bit on mounts with extensions, but that works against you for rigidity of the projector mounting. Lower the projectors a bit might make for the bow being less pronounced on the lower part of the projection. It might be more trouble than it's worth for 5-10% more of the pixels put within the calibration area.

You mentioned TH2G. Are you using that to the projectors? With Nvidia 900-series I'd pick Nvidia Surround over TH2G unless it has to do with special setup with displays dictating the use of the TH2G also.

The thought process of Nthusim is to be a clean and simple interface to take a lot of the confusion out of the process. Anything you could let us know that is helping or hurting in that philosophy would be useful for version 4.1 development in February-march time frame.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby windturbin » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:32 am

windturbin

Postby BHawthorne » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:03 am

BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:51 am

Well you are comparing a small 24" screen at 1920 x 1080 too a big 5' screen at 1920x1080 the smaller screen will seem crisper then then the bigger screen. what we need is 8K DLP PRojectors but they are far off into the future.. but if you really want clarity get this:

https://www.christiedigital.com/en-us/b ... -projector

That is a step in the right direction but alas as I am too poor to afford this thing currently. but as all things electronic the more it becomes mainstream and availability increases the Price will decrease.. I myself am awaiting 8K 3D Stereoscopic Projectors with lasers ;)..

I would say you setup is pretty good they are 1080P correct?? well currently for reasonable sums of money that is what we have available.. I would love to get those 3D Christies they offer that would be sweet but for now relegated to big companies and amuaement parks.. but we are getting there..

I too also notice the clarity issues as when I switch off nThusim the image does seem crisper and a bit fuzzy when enabled.. SO perhaps nThusim can give us some more clarity when warping??

AS for your 9xx series card you should be able to hook 4 monitors/Projectors up with that card.. you need 2 or 3 for surround and you can have an accessory display, I would run NVidia Surround vs the TH2Go unit..

what kind of Connectors do those Projectors have?? I know on the 980GTX Video card there are 2 display Ports and a HDMI also a DVI-D Connector. so you should be able to connect all 3 projectors to the video card and run Surround with NVidia drivers.. I run 3 projectors too and run a 980GTX on a Curved screen.. I had to use Display port to VGA Adapters to get mine connected but I was able to do it and run 3D Surround..

I was thinking of getting new 3D Projectors but nothing in the works for any new 3D Vision equipment.. so I am maintaining what I currently have.. I think nThusim Warp and blend is great as it is I get pretty damn near perfect blends with nThusim.. I had bought another Warping Software and it had the features you said and was never able to get it any where near perfect..

I think nThusim is easy for us noobs to this technology but am not against future upgrades to nThusim for better blends as long as it is not overly complicated and breaks what I believe works well in its current form.. Also I would suggest getting a Laser Lever and align your warp with that..

I bought one and the alignment looks so much better when aligning it with a laser.. I know out the box I can get a decent alignment but when using the Laser you see how off you really were.. I am going to do another alignment soon just need to get off my lazy butt and get her done hehe!!

If you need any help with your Blend shoot your questions and I can help also as I am a longtime user now I think your setup is really cool. Currently I fly mostly Fast jets and use a Virtual Pit being my screen is it as I fly a multiple Jets and Helicopters.. ;)
The_Nephilim

Postby windturbin » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:00 am

Attachments
BenQ_W1080ST_connections.jpg
BenQ_W1080ST_connections.jpg (23.82 KiB) Viewed 26427 times
extensions.JPG
extensions.JPG (149.18 KiB) Viewed 26427 times
windturbin

Postby The_Nephilim » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:06 am

Hi Windturbin those connectors on the video card are Display port there should be 3 and 1 DVI and 1 hdmi.. check the manufacturer..
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:54 pm

BHawthorne

Next

Return to Project Build Logs