[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4744: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4746: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4748: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
NTHUSIM • View topic - 3 Projector Setup for Video Showcase

3 Projector Setup for Video Showcase

Document the build progress for your screen or computer setup.

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:17 am

Hi dear NTHUSIM forumers

Im Cem from Turkey. Im going to university for telecomunication engineering but this is my first year at university so im a newbie :) While i was searching for how to 3 seamless rear multi projection set-up for my aunt's shop, i have just found this website and NTHUSIM product :) I am not a costumer of NTHUISM yet so i don't know my question will be answered or not. I thank you all by now

Shop window is in three parts and there are two coloumns seperating these parts. See picture below please

Shop Window.png
Shop Window.png (2.6 MiB) Viewed 12802 times

Area shown with red rectangle is the screen area. I will first laminate window with black rear projection film.

Size of red rectangle is: 2.5m height and 7m wide

You will see a little rectangle shown with dotted yellow line that is a blind area means won't be any display on that area.

Size of dotted red rectangle is: 0.5m height and 2m wide

So final screen size will be 2m height and 7m wide (including coloumns) / coloumns are 0.5m wide

Screen Size.png
Screen Size.png (4.59 KiB) Viewed 12802 times

To install projectors behind the window there is an available space of 1.3m so this situation leads me to use short or ultra-short throw projectors.

If each projector projects and image of 2m height and 2.66m wide (4:3) and edges of the images overlaps as 0.49m on each other i think it will be okay

Screen Overview with overlaps.png
Screen Overview with overlaps.png (9.42 KiB) Viewed 12802 times

Before i just had experience with projectors for watching movies but now i want to make a good application as will be my first project :) So i am stucked with hardware and software issue.

1.) Which projectors would you advice me to use? As we have 1.3m available space behind the window / And to get a good image also during daytime would you advice about ansilumen paramater of the projectors that will be used for this job (using black rear prpjection film from Korea will help with brightness)

2.) Would using a mirror to bounce the image be useful for enlarging possible projectors range to choose?

3.) NTHUSIM PLUS would help me withe job ?

4.) What kind of computer should i use?

5.) I haven't done multi projection before so i really wonder about a subject that here screen size is 7m*2m so aspect ratio is 3.5:1 so what's gonna happen if i use video with 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio to be projected, will it be upscaled/downscaled and image quality will be distorted? Because aspect ratio of the video and screen's aspect ratio doesn't match

I would be happy if you could give me a list of hardwares to buy for the job

Nice to meet you NTHUSIM forumers :)

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:26 pm

Greetings,

Nthusim is licensed for non-commercial use only. It's intended use is for home consumers. If you are interested in commercial use our parent company Immersaview has several options available. I love to help out with new projects, but I am contractually obligated to only assist with non-commercial builds. If you have anything you'd like to do that is a home or hobby build let me know and I'll be happy to help assist you in detail.

Thanks for your interest,

-Brad
BHawthorne

Return to Project Build Logs