[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
NTHUSIM • View topic - Techniques for aligning projector pattern?

Techniques for aligning projector pattern?

Document the build progress for your screen or computer setup.

Postby Shack » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:53 am

Thanks Brad. Your posts are EXTREMELY helpful to the novice (as I certainly am). I never knew about the digital zoom function of my projector. I have FULL coverage of my screens now.

As you mentioned earlier, using F1-F4 keys to assign vertical and horizontal control points to "ALIGN" the barber pole pattern is all that is left to do ?

I think this is going to be the tough part... any recommendations or is it just a bunch of trial and error? Seems as if more control points is better than less?

thanks again !
Shack

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:37 pm

Thanks, I have fun helping out new users. It helps me pick up new ideas and also helps me refine my own screen. New users start projects without any preconceptions, so a new set of eyes on things can often give me new insight. The thing that is great about these setups is every single one of them is unique. Screen sizes are always different and screen materials used almost always are different too. It's fun seeing what new builders come up with and refine over time.

It's a bit of trial and error, but for the most part I take a roll of painter's tape and mark out the screen in thirds and measure out the center lines then align the grid to it. Some people will use a laser leveler but I'm a believer of doing the calibration without the need for a $75 tool I'll only use once every few months. A roll of painter's tape cost significantly less. Once calibrated just pull the tape off and you're all set.
BHawthorne

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:03 pm

Depending on my workload the next few days I might shoot a time lapse video of me aligning my screen. The video has been on my to-do list for a bit. This gives me a good reason to finally get it done. It might not be finished before this weekend though. No promises, but I'll try to get the video up on YouTube sometime this weekend.
BHawthorne

Postby Shack » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:35 am

I'll be looking forward to seeing the time lapse on the alignment process.

Thanks for the great support !
Shack

Postby BHawthorne » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:44 am

No problem, I look forward to seeing your setup up and running soon. I realize the learning curve on this is a bit steep, but we'll get things working in short order.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby Shack » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:08 pm

After saving the configuration, does Nthusim require to "L" load before minimizing the program file? Seems as if the projection still overhangs the screens even when the program is running?

Moving along at a snails pace...

Full Screen coverage

Getting closer to aligning

New Problem (Probably related to AMD Eyefinity grouping assignments?)

OK.. here is the problem in video format... Cant figure out why the image appears to disappear as it moves towards the center projection and again towards the right projection?

Shack

Postby BHawthorne » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:32 pm

Progress, getting a lot closer. Looking good! Looks like you have the edge blending area figured out. That's the hard part.

The confusion about desktop not warping is that Nthusim 3.4 doesn't have desktop warp, while Nthusim 3.5 and 4.0 does. It might be a few weeks before 4.0 is out and 3.5 was an internal build. I could send you a link to the current 4.0 developer build if you like.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby Shack » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:20 pm

yes ID be happy to get the 4.0 developer build.

Thanks !
Shack

Postby BHawthorne » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:46 am

Link just sent. The 4.0 installer should install ok over 3.4. Once installed there is a profiles.ini included in the zip file that adds a few new titles for WDDM correction. Just drop that new profiles.ini into the Nthusim directory over-writing the default installed one.

To turn on desktop warp, in the Nthusim Tools menu enable WDDM (desktop).
BHawthorne

Postby Shack » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:26 am

Thanks Brad. I'll install and report back.
Shack

PreviousNext

Return to Project Build Logs