Techniques for aligning projector pattern?

Document the build progress for your screen or computer setup.

Postby The_Nephilim » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:57 am

Shack wrote:Thanks Brad. I'll install and report back.

Looking forward to the report but you are real close.. I would highly recommend getting a laser aligner. I know you may not use it much but the laser aligner gets it so right..

I am looking forward to a video with your pit functioning. that looks really nice..
The_Nephilim
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Postby BHawthorne » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:22 pm

This weekend I got blind-sided with a few things, so in order to properly get the time lapse done I'll push it to Monday-Tuesday time frame. I suppose I was a bit optimistic that things would go smooth this weekend. I think I need to learn to multi-task a bit better. *chuckle*

Here's to hoping Monday-Tuesday work out better than Saturday-Sunday did in allocating spare time to the time lapse project.

-Brad
BHawthorne
Product Manager
Product Manager

Postby Shack » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:13 pm

Nthusim is running great. Have a beautiful 3 screen picture.

However, as I have 5 additional screens for my F16 sim, I can only get 4/5 to show imagery. The remaining display shows powered but only shows a "no sync" message. I believe my setup with 2 AMD 7970's is powerful enough to handle my 8 screens ( triple projector, 2 MFD's, 1 ATD, 1 HUD, ) plus my CPD display? I'd hate to connect another PC in a server / master setup as I want the hard wire connection reserved for an Ethernet high speed connection.

Windows control panel identifies all 8 screens but when I click identify it shows all except the Center Pedestal Display ( CPD) as shown in the video below.

Here's a vid of the setup for additional info. Note the CPD is powered but not displaying

Watch on youtube.com

Any recommendations or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Shack

Postby BHawthorne » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:56 pm

It shouldn't be an issue of power. It'll either work or not. My guess is that either the connection is bad or the display is. If 4 of the 5 are working, no reason why the 5th shouldn't also. Have you attempted to run the display seperately to see if it works on it's own?
BHawthorne
Product Manager
Product Manager

Previous

Return to Project Build Logs