[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4744: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4746: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4748: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
NTHUSIM • View topic - 2013 Gaming Screen Build

2013 Gaming Screen Build

Document the build progress for your screen or computer setup.

Postby andyb » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:53 am

The screen was supplied by Stewart Filmscreen. It's an interesting design. As the screen bows with tension, the access door also had to be constructed with the same curvature. The material is specifically designed for image blending so looks pretty stunning in action!
andyb
Co-Director
Co-Director

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:53 am

Hello, was wondering if you ever came up with a recap - summary of your last build so we could get inspiration from? Thanks.

Postby BHawthorne » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:11 am

Yep, looking at the method I should use to release the information. In a formatted PDF book, a YouTube video or maybe a webpage? Right now we're in the the process of redesigning the whole website to be more functional. New main page, new sales page, new FAQ/How-To pages and potentially a games database and a user setups database section. This could potentially go under the FAQ/How-To area for content. there are a lot of things I'd love to improve on my 2013 screen, but I think it would be good just to get the design out there so others can use it as is. It's not 100% ideal, but it works for my needs and is a starting point for improvement for new builds.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby 1miracle2 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:39 am

Oh WOW! THIS Looks AWESOME!!!
Very nice work, I might have to re-do my screen and go bigger like you!
I just need to convince my lovely wife and of course that pesky thing money, need some of that as well.
Daniel Araiza
9' x 4' self built immersive screen
1 Optoma projector
(2nd on hold actually, may need to just upgrade that optoma to a 1080P, dang, could have saved $ and got the single projector set up)
1miracle2

Postby BHawthorne » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:27 am

BHawthorne

Postby 1miracle2 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:13 am

Yeah I didn't think about the pixel's getting stretched too much.
Still looks amazing though!
Good thing I'm now broke any way. LOL.
Daniel Araiza
9' x 4' self built immersive screen
1 Optoma projector
(2nd on hold actually, may need to just upgrade that optoma to a 1080P, dang, could have saved $ and got the single projector set up)
1miracle2

Postby abeeman182 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:03 am

So I would like to build one of these and make it a wider resolution for a better horizontal FOV setup. Is this possible and what would I need? Was thinking about something to the effect of 32:9 or maybe a hair less and just doing 120 degree FOV. That way I'd get a good setup w/less fisheye that comes w/some games and it would drop my price considerably. How do you determine refresh rate on a projector and do you have any that would use DVI-D Dual link or DP 1.2 Cables for better frame rates? Currently I run (a bit over the top) 6400X1080 on monitors w/120+ fps at all times w/maxed settings on every game. I want something more immersive but don't want to break 2500$ mark on the screen/Projectors.
abeeman182

Postby BHawthorne » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:13 am

I should be able to better answer things over the weekend. I'll bookmark this post so I can get back to it in detail tomorrow. I have answers for all the questions, but a few of them will take a bit of time to write up.

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby abeeman182 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:10 am

The idea is a "budget" build. I don't want to break $2k but I want 120 degrees w/120+fps and 32:9 resolution. Might be tricky. Currently my Setup is nice w/monitors at 53:9 but I wanted bigger/more immersive and a way to cut out the fisheye.
abeeman182

Postby BHawthorne » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:37 am

BHawthorne

PreviousNext

Return to Project Build Logs